Bleak is too damn good

I have been talking about music giving me chills before, but let me give you my top 15 of songs that does this (and none of them are metal). I can recommend all to buy them (or download them to hear them first):
1: Ray Connif & his Orchestra and chorus: ”Summertime”
2: Bill Withers: “Ain’t no sunshine”
3: Teddy Wilson: “’Round Midnight”
4: Virgil Warner & Suzi Jane Hokom: “Lady Bird”
5: Marvin Gaye: “Mercy mercy me (the Ecology)”
6: Geoff Love: “Theme from the Persuaders”
7: Virgil Warner & Suzi Jane Hokom: “Summerwine”
8: Ernest Gold “Theme of Exodus”
9: Marvin Gaye: “What’s going on”
10: Procul Harum: “A Whiter Shade of Pale”
11: Oscar Peterson: “Wheatland”
12: Dusty Springfield: “Summer is over”
13: Stevie Wonder: “Golden Lady”
14: Marvin Gaye: “Life is for learning”
15: The Animals: “House of the rising sun”

I have lots more, so if you want more just say so.

By the way, I don't think you'll be able to download the two Virgil Warner & Suzi Jane Hokom songs, as I think they were never released on a cd. It's from an LP simply called "Virgil Warner & Suzi Jane Hokom" released by LHI (Lee Hazlewood Industries) in 1968 I think.
The songs I posted are also my top 15 songs of all time!

Yep, Bleak is easily one of my favourite Opeth tracks. The intro, the false ending going into the melowest part ever, the mad final ending (THAT was awesome live). I was dissapointed they didnt play it live in London last time, but they did at x-mas :D

Bleak is probably the best song on BWP, but BWP (the song) runs it close. The intro is one of my favourite passages of music, and I actually learnt to play it today. :headbang:

When I get sick and have a fever I always have these weird dreams that are just tedious and puzzling. This Thursday (Tyr's Day) I had a fever of 103 degrees F and I had such a messed-up dream...but in the background the "Devious moments in your eyes..." part of Bleak was playing in the background. That kicked ass.

Bleak kicks ASS! :headbang:

Live from Guam,
Marc

Bleak is a good song, but I definately like The Drapery Falls and Blackwater Park more.

It's really hard to fault Blackwater Park (the song). It's intention is to be a total riff fest, and that it is, so you can't fault it on being repetitive since that's the aim of riffs. It's not intended to be mellow, but it still has it's passages, so that's a few bonus points... etc. etc.

I have slightly lost my grip on Bleak. Not that it wouldn't be good song, but I remember it being a GREAT song, but I no longer feel that way. :( Hope it's just a matter of time I'll discover it again, as happened with Black Rose Immortal.

Blackwater Park is my least favourite song on the album....

1. The Leper Affinity
2. Bleak
3. Harvest
4. The Drapery Falls
5. Dirge for November
6. The Funeral Portrait
7. Blackwater Park
8. Patterns in the Ivy

....just me.

I think 30 years from now, I'll still think of the song BWP as one ofthe greatest metal songs ever.