Bleed using emgs?

KeithRT99

BOOSH.
Nov 8, 2005
Vallejo,CA
www.soundclick.com
i was doing some reamping a few days ago, and i was tracking my guitar to di, then i would reamp the di through my amp once i was happy with my takes. I started to notive that i could hear a little bit of drums on the di tracks. it was most prominent when i wasn't playing, and when the strings rung out there was no bleed. has anyone else had issues with emgs picking up bleed from speakers?

i don't think my pickups are microphonic. maybe it's just due to the high output of emgs. also the monitors were barely up.

Haha, yeah, Kazrog and I discovered this by accident, we were just sitting around running ideas around (and drinks) and noticed that when we (he) stopped playing and didn't turn down the guitar, we could hear what we said. It was then that I learned how they recorded the intro vox on "Dead and bloated". :lol:

It was then that I learned how they recorded the intro vox on "Dead and bloated". :lol:

I've done that before, but it never dawned on me that STP did that. Listening to it now, it is so obvious.

I've never had anything picked up by my EMG 81's. I hope to keep it that way.

I've had this problem for a few months and didn't want to ask because i thought i was doing something stupid.
When i reamp i can hear the drums and F@*^ing click tracks on the DI, and it obviously becomes more noticable once reamped through a high gain amp. Besides telling the client to sit further from the monitors, using headphones cant be the only solution can it? How do guys at the major studio do it? James? Andy?

(btw I'm Using an 81 w/ 18v)

I dont have this problem in particular but when tracking, i have my wireless mouse next to me. When i use it near the pickups the emgs go apeshit producing a binary like midi sound. Although i dont have to worry about using the mouse when tracking :D.

The way i understand it, is that old school technique of miking an acoustic guitar next to a guitar cab. If you leave an acoustic guitar next to a guitar cab, crank the amp and chug a few notes the string in the acoustic will resonate those frequencies (in theory) and you can hear it due to it's 'acoustic chamber'. Now the same principle works with electric guitar just that the pickups pick up the frequencies resonating in the strings.
If you turn the gain up all the way on your amp and talk into the pick up it should be able to pickup what you're saying due to the voice resonating the strings.

BUT, the part that baffles me is how it picks up percussive things like drums and clicks tracks, as clear as a very soft microphone.

bump...

...I noticed i'm getting this 'bleed' on not only the DI of my bass but the keyboard tracks aswell!? wtf, This is rediculous...

bump...

...I noticed i'm getting this 'bleed' on not only the DI of my bass but the keyboard tracks aswell!? wtf, This is rediculous...

What signal components do all of these instruments share? It might be something in the chain rather than the instrument.

Maybe you should remove the plugin called "Screw up my sound with bleed." I've heard it does just what it says.

Back when i recorded the tracks, i used the Behringer GI box. And made sure there was nothing else(mics) connected...

...no plugins. I know i must sound like an idiot, 'cause this isn't your everyday problem. I'll figure it out though...

Hmm, Behringer, and sound issues? I'd never imagined those two words would be in the same sentence.:p