Blind Guardian

JonnyD

Chef Metal
Jun 4, 2002
The Metal Kitchen
www.myspace.com
Heres a band that I really want to like not that I dont but I was listening to "Night at the Opera" Which happens to be the only BG I own and its really good theres alot of texture in the sound its very rich you could say but I can only listen to it for so long before I have to change it is all their stuff like "... The Opera"? does anybody else have this problem with this band?

Imaginations From the Other Side is my favorite, and it's somewhat straightforward. Nightfall in Middle Earth is their most epic and ambitious and seems to be most people's favorite, but I find it less enjoyable and consistent than Imaginations.

I have the same problem with Opera. I like it, but not that much. My favorite is Nightfall in Middle Earth. Tales from the Twilight World is very good if you like or can tolerate power metal (it's really Helloweenish).

"A Night At The Opera" is very symphony and orchestra laden. I love it, but you may want to look into more straight-forward power metal releases from them...though none of it is exactly straight-forward because they have such a unique and original sound. My favorite from them as many have already mentioned is "Imaginations From The Other Side"...you just don't fucking beat that album.

their sound is unique, I don't think they are quite power or prog., just some kinda fantasy metl. I like it, my brother doesn't, fans were complaining about the opera one around here, but I liked it.

Since I'm a rabid fan of the band my opinion is obviosuly biased :tickled:

In any case I'll say that if you already have ANATO ('Battlefield', 'Sadly Sings Destiny', 'An Then There Was Silence' are just beyond everything), I recommend to get in order:

"Imaginations From The Other Side"
"Somewhere Far Beyond"
"Nightfall In Middle-Earth"
"Tales From The Twilight Hall"
"Battalions Of Fear"
"Follow The Blind"
"The Forgotten Tales"
"Tokyo Tales"
"Live"

Excellent its nice to see some positive and Helpful remarks :) .... lol I have only one problem now you guys have givin me somany names I dont know which one to get hahahaha but it does seem I will be safe buying any one of those ...... so yeah Thanks again :headbang:

ANATO is my least favorite BG album I've heard, it seems liek the rest of their stuff is more interesting throughout. I'd suggest starting with Somewhere Far Beyond or NBightfall in Middle Earth

Wyvern said:
Since I'm a rabid fan of the band my opinion is obviosuly biased :tickled:

In any case I'll say that if you already have ANATO ('Battlefield', 'Sadly Sings Destiny', 'An Then There Was Silence' are just beyond everything), I recommend to get in order:

"Imaginations From The Other Side"
"Somewhere Far Beyond"
"Nightfall In Middle-Earth"
"Tales From The Twilight Hall"
"Battalions Of Fear"
"Follow The Blind"
"The Forgotten Tales"
"Tokyo Tales"
"Live"
What about Under the Ice? I think that is some of Hansi's best vocal work to date!

Iced In Flames said:
What about Under the Ice? I think that is some of Hansi's best vocal work to date!
Damn right! My depest apologies for the slip of mind. ;)

Under the ice you will believe
Under the ice you will be free
Released from rotten thoughts
No more pain
And no more gods

The first BG I ever heard was the song "Nightfall" from NIME. It made me think of Queen's better moments, so I got the album and it was glued to my car stereo for months.

I recently bought the Silmarillion, and now I can understand what the hell the lyrics are about too!