Blind Guardian

ToRuinAll05

Bassist Of ETERNITY
Mar 22, 2005
Mt. Olympus
What do you guys think...? Would you consider them prog? Personally I cant get eough of em they're like addicting...I got NFM-E recently and its just pure genious.

Blind Guardian have been my first true love (music-wise ;)) and favourite band by far for a good ten years now.

Musically, they're about half way between Power and Speed Metal, but they're more progressive than 98% of the Progsters out there without even trying.

I think sometimes they take on prog-like elements...but I wouldn't call them full-out prog.

And personally, I really enjoy their music. :)

Blind Guardian have been my favorite band for about four years now. They have absolutely no songs that I don't like -- every album is great. I don't consider them prog, and I don't consider them power -- I consider them Bard Metal. \m/ (~_~) \m/ There have been very few bands to ever approach the BG pinnacle for me -- those being Katatonia and Opeth, who of course sound nothing like BG. I suppose the main thing that keeps BG a cut above is that I find so many emotions in their songs, but I always feel better after listening to them.

BG started out power metal but they're becoming more and more progressive all the time, especially considering NIME and A Night At The Opera. Not only are the songs on the latter all of decent length and complexity, it also includes their first stand alone epic, And Then There Was Silence.... They're one of the very few bands I consider to have achieved true greatness, greatly.

Blind Guardian has released some great albums. Saw them with Symphony X on the tour a few years ago, awesome stuff.

first, i feel i must say to the person that started this thread....i know you..... (i actually do.) anyway a "friend" of mine got me into blind guardian and they destroy so many bands. they definitely make my top 3 (Them, Sym. X and Dream Theater obviously) if anyone is planning to get into Blind guardian if they arent already, i recommend Nightfall In Middle Earth. It's worth making the effort to find.

ToRuinAll05 said:
What do you guys think...? Would you consider them prog? Personally I cant get eough of em they're like addicting...I got NFM-E recently and its just pure genious.

One of the best albums ever.