Blind Guardian?

nah! I really can't accept....I really like angra, and I loveD strato and so on, and I was shocked the first time I heard someone entitled BG as a PowerMetal band!
The only thing I could agree (and not really much) is about drumming...the rest, there's is anything you could match with any PM band...
Don't know, it's not that I should be disappointed for them being PM, but it's just that BG music is not that simplistic, even sometimes simple music is also good!!

more or less i agree with FatherVic....
imho the first releases are speed metal with some PM elements....later on it was uhmm some sort of PM with speed elements but never like stratovarius and other "beloved" bands :D -as for rhapsody grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr if this is metal then i am an Orc.....:devil:- Anyway Nightfall is hmmm i don't know Nightfall is blind guardian music
oh,well..i am writing confusing stuff.....
well everything depends on how you see it.....
for BG are not pm,i have even fought much about it..... uhmmmm

~mel~(does this post make any sense??? :bah: )

@fathervic: i agree their music is not that simplistic, but since i don't have any handy adjective to signify "kinda like power, but very less simplistic" metal, i'd have to stick to something. and of course their style is quite personal and blind-guardian metal most of all, but if you were to describe the band to someone who's never heard of them you'd probably start from somewhere in the power metal scene. oh, well, that was obviously just for the sake of discussing. :)

@mel: your post did make sense, except for the uhmmm's i can never quite place. ;) as for rhapsody, them being metal would make most of us orcs, or at least very sorry human beings. :D

rahvin.

Since this thread is here might as well ask. Recommen me a good album from this band. I'm thinking of checking them out.

- red_beef (always intrested in something new)

Originally posted by rahvin
as for rhapsody, them being metal would make most of us orcs, or at least very sorry human beings. :D

rahvin.

I particularly like this part... hehe maybe i should use it as a signature :D

Red_beef@ I highly recommend "tales from the twilight world" .....
read a bit of page one,lazy man :D

edit: fucked up the quote

@mel: if it had me in all my dwarvish splendour at the bottom of it, and in bold letters, some people will finally get to see me thanks to the doubled size. :hotjump:
deal? :)

rahvin.

@rahve: STOP BEING WRONG! :) ["Disappear!"]

DwarvEN splendour!

hyena (i wanna get drunk)

Originally posted by hyena
DwarvEN splendour!

i was merely trying to condone myself a bit of shortness by assuming there was just a very close relation between me and disadvantaged ppl. :cry:

stop being so obsessed by me, you stalker! :p
and stop writing in caps, you professional threat machine! :p

rahvin.

rahvin I accept your reply and at least I'll put it on the "to check" pile over my desk....yeah, the one which is infront the "for yesterday" pile...

fathervic (hating paperwork!)

@fathervic: thank you, sir. in case you were looking for me in order to inform me on the results of your check, i am behind the 30 inch tall "for march 25, 1999" pile. :)

rahvin.

Originally posted by rahvin
...since i don't have any handy adjective to signify "kinda like power, but very less simplistic" metal, i'd have to stick to something.

how about "progressive power metal"? :D i've seen it somewhere before...

i love blind guardian, and i love A Night at the Opera, but i'll recommend on Imaginations from the Other Side or Nightfall (it's very appealing for many, because of the tolkien hype) for first-time listeners.

about the songs...
i think Another Holy War is one of the best (can't decide on a single one). for the softer side of BG take A Past and Future Secret. Nightfall is also great (the first BG song i listened to). Mordred's Songs is beautiful. Everyone agree that Mirror Mirror is a killer. i love Time What is Time (haven't seen it in this thread, i think). And Then The Was Silence is very diverse, but not too catchy. i could go on and on.... :)

if anyone's interested, their mp3.com page includes older material too (so you can track to their roots and hear their great evolution up until now).

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/5/blind_guardian.html

funny- the virgin-germany site used to keep A Night at the Opera online for audio streaming (the complete album, not just samples). seems like they've replaced it with 30-sec samples. :Shedevil:

here nearly all virgin albums are extremely cheap....
A Night At The Opera was 11,90 € when it was released here!!!
and you can find nearly all BG albums for 9'90 or 10 €
and the single for And Then There Was Silence (which included the lyrics of the songs!!!!!!!) was 3'50€!!!!!

so, I love Virgin (but hey, if I love it, then it wouldn't be so Virgin ....errrrrrrr nevermind

fathervic (on the very edge....of sanity)

Originally posted by FatherVic
so, I love Virgin (but hey, if I love it, then it wouldn't be so Virgin ....errrrrrrr nevermind

apparently, she doesn't love you back. although that doesn't make anybody a virgin in itself. :)

here in italy, on the other hand, all records that are published on any major label are way expensive. i guess i bought a night at the opera for 18-19 €. it's not that i regret it, but i tend to frown on money-making megastores and labels.

rahvin.

really??? damn!!!
well here Virgin is not a "major label" I think they publish little stuff here in Spain...and about the rest of the cds..well the trick lays on NOT going to megatores...here you can get nearly all cds (not double cds of course) for a bit less than 15 € :) but of course you have to go to special little crappy metal shops

Originally posted by FatherVic
but of course you have to go to special little crappy metal shops

brilliant! that's the word we've been looking for all the time while discussing blind guardian: that's crappy metal, fair and square. :D
disclaimer: i like blind guardian.

rahvin.

crappy metal... talk about a new genre... what about, say, "lousy metal"? this would possibly encompass bands such as angra or virgin steele :lol:

hyena (come on, come on, come on)