Blind Guardian?

Angra rulz :cry:
well the thing is that I put the words in wrong order...you know, I wasn't the best one when playing with cube, triangle and star shaped pieces when a baby!
I wanted to say shops metal crappy...ehmmmm noooo noo I wanted to say metal crappy shops...yeah....ehmmm I'm nearly shure

fathervic (your confussing words have opened our eyes)

Originally posted by FatherVic
Angra rulz :cry:

imo they did for just about their first record. i liked a lot their potentially savatage-like direction (savatage being perhaps my favourite band in the genre, although we're still unsure what genre), and there was something chupi enough on holy land too. but then, well, *yawn*. :)

rahvin. (my concussion missiles have opened everything else)

rahvin: have heard new album??? I think it's amazing.....and I expected it....after Fireworks and without Matos, to be the worst piece of crap....but it kicks major ass :) (never understood the phrase though :loco: )

fathervic (piecemaker) :)

@fathervic: well, maybe it's because i'm not a major, but my ass stays pretty much in place. it's a cool album, with a few good tunes and nothing as pointlessly elaborated as could be found in fireworks, but there's nothing really kicking any part of me. no evil warning, no make believe...

rahvin. (evil bubu)

I love BG, but i've only heard one song off the new album, i haven't got round to buying it yet,

Is it any good, i know someone has probably already answered this but i'm being lazy and not in the mood to read.

There headlineing in Bloodstock, which should be fun. :D :D :D

if you're into high pitched bubus, i guess you're right...

hyena (i hate football)

well of course body-kick is a personal experience....
I know somepeople who get kicked by things that wouldn't not even pat my bum! :err:

fathervic (hoping the kicks he gets are widely felt elsewhere)

Since I only noticed this topic now and I want to reply
I'll give the topic a major "up", with a big gap in the middle...

Well, my 2 favourite bands are Dark Tranquillity and Blind Guardian (as you might asume due to my nick), and while I think DT are really a great band, I believe BG are much better.

There's not even one song from BG's last (5) studio albums (excluding Forgotten Tales) that bores me.
I started to listen to them when I just got into metal so I heard many times the same songs from the same bands and Blind Guardian are the only band I still like from back then (I got bored by the other bands pretty quick).

There's just something about them and their music that makes me feel that they know exactly what they are doing, yet they are always trying new ways to create different songs (and they are different) with their great knowledge and understanding of music. They always find a way to improve somehow from album to album (however imposible it may seem).
When I listen to Opeth, let's say, I also feel that they know exactly what they're doing, but with BG it's different 'cause Opeth are somehow also giving me the feeling that they are not so modest and that they didn't really challenged themselves. BG do give me that feeling, which makes me give them much more respect and apriciation.
They also challenge the listener which is very important for me.

They are also great, funny, decent and modest people.
They are very kind to their fans and participate quite a lot in their web forum.

Well...
I think I wrote too much already so I'll stop here.

If you want songs recommendations from the new album, my favourites are Precious Jerusalem, Under The Ice and And Then There Was Silence. All the rest of them are also good.