Blind Guardian's Live

Esteban

Thinking is overrated
Dec 28, 2002
Costa Rica
Visit site
I've never been a huge Blind Guardian fan, but this is probably the best live album I've ever heard. The audience is incredible, songs like The Bard's Song sound amazing, you can not reproduce something like that on studio; the band is very tight and the production is flawless... I wish more bands took BG's example and released live albums as good as this one.

Well, they added some extra bass to certain songs like Born in a Mourning Hall - whether due to quality or wanting to beef up the sound I do not know - but for the most part it is excellent. The quality is much better than Iron Maiden's latest live CD and the energy just bursts out of the speakers.

Well worth it to pick up and if you are in the States, 13 bucks for a dual CD set it a deal.

Apparently I look a lot like Alexi, to the point of almost getting mistaken for him when they played here. I also play a Jackson Rhoads.:p

But anyway, Blind Guardian fuckin rules. I'm trying to get my guitarist to agree to cover Mirror Mirror. At least if we can get a singer who can sing it.

This is without a doubt the best live album ever put out by any band... I missed Blind Guardian in 2002, they were supposed to come to San Francisco, but their bus broke down just outside and they were not able to make the show... THE ONLY FUCKING SHOW ON THE TOUR THEY DID NOT MAKEM IND YOU! But I have been satisfied with this album and I'll be able to wait until they next come to the U.S. (though it won't be for 2-3 years based on what i've read) Great album, if your a fan of live BG or live music at all, this one is a must

Another live album that I really enjoy is the Blaze one. He got a pretty bad rap from his years in Maiden but this dual CD set is just awsome. Personally, I think he does Sign of the Cross better live than Bruce does in Rock in Rio.