Blood Of Nations

Amen to the gang vox. They aren't the only band that does that, but they are the best. It just has that militaristic feel to it. Thank God it is in a bunch of the songs on the disc.

The gang vox interplaying with the lead vocals on the title track are great. Hammerfall - Legacy of Kings album is my favorite in that style. Jag Panzer - Iron Eagle comes to mind too. Can you think of some other examples?

My cd turned up. Album of the fucking year if not the last 10 years. :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: :OMG: :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

I don't need any new music for the rest of 2010. BOTN is the perfect old school metal album for me.

Everything complements each other. The nice liner notes, readable font (lyrics), colour scheme and even the artwork (which I thought was suspect when it was first released). The riffs, wails, songwriting, anthems, energy etc... Just perfect!

this album kicks ass. heard a few tunes on youtube and order it right away from cdnow. this is why bands should have there stuff on youtube and stop removing it.

anyways i see a member with the name ACCEPT posting now. if that is anyone in or related to the band i just want to say david reece is an outstanding singer and i enjoyed the album he was on

anyways i see a member with the name ACCEPT posting now. if that is anyone in or related to the band i just want to say david reece is an outstanding singer and i enjoyed the album he was on

No he is not someone from the band. You can see that in his posting history which is an interesting read in itself. ;)

To see the posting history of a poster left click his name and a menu unfolds. Then choose "Find More Posts by" and you can see his earlier posts.

No he is not someone from the band. You can see that in his posting history which is an interesting read in itself. ;)

To see the posting history of a poster left click his name and a menu unfolds. Then choose "Find More Posts by" and you can see his earlier posts.

yeah i looked at that after i made my post and saw he is just a fan

Hey mdmatt4ever,

I actually created this profile so that I could share it with the band, and so Peter Baltes could log in and say hi.

After the welcome I received for commiting the unforgivable crime of posting "in the wrong forum" I changed that plan very quickly.

However, this thread has repaired my view of this board and I will suggest to Peter that he (and ACCEPT) are welcome after all.

I am looking so forward in hearing the new Accept. I kinda grew up on Accept with Breaker and then Ball To The Wall being my first records I had. I even enjoyed Eat The Heat.

To answer ACCEPT's question in the other thread as to which direction Accept should take in 2010 or which audience they should appeal to: I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Bands like Motorhead and AC/DC have never strayed from their winning formula and are guaranteed to churn out fan-pleasing stuff year after year.

Amazing album ! An album that easily to be counted with Accept classics like Balls To The Wall, Russian Roulette, Metal Heart. Great work. Most probably best metal album for 2010 for old school heads like me :Smokin:

He again, I agree completely, "if it ain't broke don't fix it"....

My question was really aimed at understanding who (from those currently identifying themselves by genre) would accept ACCEPT most readily.

There are a lot of us around 35-45 who love ACCEPT from their original heyday. So I guess I am curious where the younger generation of new fans (critical to the future) will come from and what will or will not appeal to them about ACCEPT.

The guys in the other forum seemed to lack the ability to understand the question.

So, I know fans of old school metal will almost certainly like the new ACCEPT.

But, I was curious to know if younger guys listening to death metal, prog, power etc, would find something they liked about ACCEPT seeing as how many of them have not watched metal's evolution over the past 30 years.

I agree to an extent....... I am a fan of both Motorhead and AC/DC, but while Accept has retained their signature sound through the years (less the Reece and Predator releases,) to a degree, I think Accept has been more adventurous than those two.
Accept hasn't gone out and released a viking metal, thrash or prog release with "Blood of the Nations" but they (which is really Andy Sneap) have found a way to both modernize their sound while still maintaining their signature sound. I think it will be a hit with older and younger metal fans alike. When I say younger fans...... I am certainly not talking about 17 year-old kids that listen to black metal of course, but I don't think you have to be 40 plus to enjoy the new Accept either.

Bryant

I am looking so forward in hearing the new Accept. I kinda grew up on Accept with Breaker and then Ball To The Wall being my first records I had. I even enjoyed Eat The Heat.

To answer ACCEPT's question in the other thread as to which direction Accept should take in 2010 or which audience they should appeal to: I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Bands like Motorhead and AC/DC have never strayed from their winning formula and are guaranteed to churn out fan-pleasing stuff year after year.

Heh. I'm 40 and BOTN is the album of 2010 :kickass:

Admittedly, Accept has filled a niche but it's my damn niche! :cool: But I appreciate the need for younger fans to keep the (and really any) band solvent.

It's a shame that the album has probably been stolen thousands of times since last Friday/Monday. I love my digipak version with the artwork, liner notes etc.

I guess you guys must all be getting promos or imports (or live in Europe). Glad to hear it is so good, and I'm very much looking forward to this one.

Hey, Tenth Dreamer, did you already see Cheap Trick in Vegas? I was there recently, but for work, and I literally flew in and out the same day. I was so excited to see this show was going on (lots of adverts on the strip for it). I love Cheap Trick, and the Sgt. Pepper record they did is insanely good.

Yep. I was fifth row center with Mr. Zander dead ahead. Amazing show with perfect sound/acoustics.

Otherwise, I ordered my BOTN cd from England. I can't praise it enough!

I guess you guys must all be getting promos or imports (or live in Europe). Glad to hear it is so good, and I'm very much looking forward to this one.

Hey, Tenth Dreamer, did you already see Cheap Trick in Vegas? I was there recently, but for work, and I literally flew in and out the same day. I was so excited to see this show was going on (lots of adverts on the strip for it). I love Cheap Trick, and the Sgt. Pepper record they did is insanely good.

I actually have an illegal digital copy myself as well, but hey....... these stupid ass labels offer the same release at different times of the year in different parts of the world. If they would release a CD in America, Europe and Japan at the same time, it might stop some of the illegal downloading. Would it stop all or even most of it ? No, of course. Most people want something for nothing. However, there are people that want it as soon as possible and by the time it makes it to the "release date" in their country, then they forget about it.
As far as me...... I buy music though, but I will d/l it and try it out. As far as the BotN release, I will actually get my Mother-in-Law in Japan to pick me up one. It is about $25, but comes in SHM-CD format and has an extra bonus track as well as some cool Japanese writing on it.

Bryant

edit....... I thought about this post and TDD, I hope you didn't think I was getting mad at you about your reply. I am actually a little upset and talking about this "release date" crap because I am going to see Accept on 9/9/10 and it is before the US release date of BotN. I would like to have my CD cover autographed by Accept and Gaby, but I am trying to figure out a way to get the best bang for the buck. If I order my CD from Japan, it will be $42 with the type of air mail I would need to get it here in time. If I order a regular European import, it will be $30 and only the normal bonus track. For less money, if I wait for release date, I can get a free camo T-shirt along with it, or have my Mother-In-Law use regular air mail from Japan. Decisions decisions.....

Bryant

It's a shame that the album has probably been stolen thousands of times since last Friday/Monday. I love my digipak version with the artwork, liner notes etc.