Bloodbath bass guitar tone

MAXMEDLOW

Maximum
Oct 18, 2010
Gloucester, UK
hi all,
recently been really into bloodbath, and i cant get over how epic the bass tone is! has anyone got any ideas on how they acheived this sound? it sort of reminds me of the in flames bass tone on come clarity, but the bloodbath tone is somewhat clearer....http://www.myspace.com/bloodbathband

would be awesome if anyone could help :)

btw, check out their latest album for the tone im on about

Given that it's Bloodbath, my first assumption would be that they've got at least 12 HM2's in the signal chain. As far as I remember on Nightmares Made Flesh, specifically the track Eaten, it sounds like the bass is going through a goddamn guitar amp at least in part.

Nightmares made flesh had many awesome death metal songs, but i'd prefer them with Åkerfeldt instead of Tätgren. Eaten is one of my favorite death metal songs anyway! Their latest album sounds like ezdrummer and guitar modellers btw, ofc there are real drums and real amps, but it just sounds generic and clinical :(

@ the Wacken Carnage gig Jonas was playing through Ampeg, looked like maybe SVT heads or something.

Nightmares made flesh had many awesome death metal songs, but i'd prefer them with Åkerfeldt instead of Tätgren. Eaten is one of my favorite death metal songs anyway! Their latest album sounds like ezdrummer and guitar modellers btw, ofc there are real drums and real amps, but it just sounds generic and clinical :(

couldn't disagree more. The production on that album is unique to say the least, at first listens I didn't like it at all, now I get it, David Castillo is a pro, maybe some day I'll even like the bass tone who knows. But sounding like ampsims and ezdrummer? That's insane

What version of EZD have you used that sounds like that??? If EZD sounded like that I would buy it again and keep it this time. I too wish NMF had Mikael on vox, much prefer his style/sound, him with the songs on there and production would have made it even better.