Bloodbath Hype = Fucking Irritating

Originally posted by Cryonaut X
Whereas your positive opinion is somehow less limited in scope? Give me a break, kid.
Negative opinions are pretty useless most of the time. For any band there are more reasons to dislike them than like them, and far more people will hate them than like them.

For example, if you dont get into a part of a song aimed to build tension, how can you then judge whether the following breakdown is effective? If you dont get anything from a certain really quick guitar solo, even though you can tell its technical, how can you judge whether its 'good' or not?

Im sure you understand technical stuff by itself means shit, the only thing that matters is how technical things are used to create good music. If you dont get into the music (if it doesnt emotionally affect you) how can you then judge effectively anything except technical things?

I hate all the people who run around making threads saying how much bands suck, or such things. Well i guess the problem is when its expressed as a "im so much better because i dont listen to this band", or the numerous people who make ridiculous claims about why everyone listens to said band (eg "following a trend", "trying to be cool", "they dont really like it, they just listen because <x>", :/ ).

Music is about listening to what you like, not about arguing over what other people like, or telling the world about what you dont like.

Positive comments about music are 10000x more valuable than negative ones.... negative comments are still important, otherwise we'd get even more fanboys, but most people make the mistake of presenting them as fact, the mistake of arguing with a fan over why they dislike it. Pointless.

Rather like 'blopeth'. Thats laughable.. this presentation that a band sucks just because you dont happen to like their music. But as you please..

Well naturally the line-up was hyped like all hell, it just means Century Media did a good job.. after all it is their duty to promote the album and rack up the $$. I think it's hardly the actual artists' fault that their material was hyped just becasue they are in it.. all the hype the album received through them, well they naturally must have earned somehow anyway through their major projects so I think it's quite fair. The intention of Bloodbath itself was just what it came off as... very standard Death Metal... they never claimed it was godly, they just said they were making early 90's era Death Metal again, and that's exactly what they gave us, whether you like that or not is irrelevant.

Also to say that Swano is the only one worth hyping in the lineup is just your subjectivity forcing its way into the topic, it really has no place there.

Originally posted by YaYo
Negative opinions are pretty useless most of the time. For any band there are more reasons to dislike them than like them, and far more people will hate them than like them.

For example, if you dont get into a part of a song aimed to build tension, how can you then judge whether the following breakdown is effective? If you dont get anything from a certain really quick guitar solo, even though you can tell its technical, how can you judge whether its 'good' or not?

Im sure you understand technical stuff by itself means shit, the only thing that matters is how technical things are used to create good music. If you dont get into the music (if it doesnt emotionally affect you) how can you then judge effectively anything except technical things?

I hate all the people who run around making threads saying how much bands suck, or such things. Well i guess the problem is when its expressed as a "im so much better because i dont listen to this band", or the numerous people who make ridiculous claims about why everyone listens to said band (eg "following a trend", "trying to be cool", "they dont really like it, they just listen because <x>", :/ ).

Music is about listening to what you like, not about arguing over what other people like, or telling the world about what you dont like.

Positive comments about music are 10000x more valuable than negative ones.... negative comments are still important, otherwise we'd get even more fanboys, but most people make the mistake of presenting them as fact, the mistake of arguing with a fan over why they dislike it. Pointless.

Rather like 'blopeth'. Thats laughable.. this presentation that a band sucks just because you dont happen to like their music. But as you please..

Wow, an entire novella demonstrating one clear and salient fact: that you missed the point entirely. It was never a question of "good" or "bad," but of the irritation engendered by the whole reek of "marketing ploy" surrounding the Bloodbath project.

Originally posted by Moonlapse
All the hype the album received through them, well they naturally must have earned somehow anyway through their major projects so I think it's quite fair.

Sure, and all the hype Justin Timberlake generated must have been earned through his efforts in Nsync, right? Hype is rarely earned, it's usually a creation of clever marketing, not talent.

Also to say that Swano is the only one worth hyping in the lineup is just your subjectivity forcing its way into the topic, it really has no place there.

Whereas your subjectivity somehow does have a valid place? If you can't be intelligent, at least be logically consistent.

Wow, an entire novella demonstrating one clear and salient fact: that you missed the point entirely. It was never a question of "good" or "bad," but of the irritation engendered by the whole reek of "marketing ploy" surrounding the Bloodbath project.
Yeh i went a bit off topic :p

I agree for the most part anyway, its not exactly great that a mediocre band gets so much recognition. But you seem to let the fact you dont like the people involved get in the way of your point. A project by musicians who have proven themselves before does deserve more of a chance, people want to hear it. But yes, in my opinion things like this should be posted for free on the internet, or maybe sold really cheaply, or just to cover costs... since it was just a bit of fun for the guys.

But thats never gonna happen ;)

Sure, and all the hype Justin Timberlake generated must have been earned through his efforts in Nsync, right? Hype is rarely earned, it's usually a creation of clever marketing, not talent.

How in the name of beans is that relevant to the quality of the actual product? Hype is meaningless...its the quality that matters. Bloodbath, as far as I am aware, makes decent music.

SO WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE HYPE AND MARKETING.

...well yeah, just read Yayo's post and it got me to thinking that the past exploits and reputations of the band members dictate that Bloodbath albums are the works of established, excellent musicians. Surely just that idea draws many to listening. None of the other bands you mentioned have such well known, reputable members, no shit Bloodbath is gonna get more attention.

Does...it...matter...that...much!??

Yeah, it's a pretty insignificant thing to be getting so worked up about.
And yo should look on the bright side. Perhaps having Bloodbath in the spotlight will bring peoples attention eventually to the Tr00 Swedish death metal bands that you feel so intent on whining for. Maybe some good will come of Bloodbath, in that people will get into that older and cooler stuff like Entombed etc.

Stop whining!! (In Arnie voice)

For the record, I love Bloodbath.

Originally posted by Sadistik
And why do you have a symbol of oppression, bigotry, and racism as your avatar?

this is always a comical point, but especially coming from someone who used to have pentagrams in his signature... so, it's bad to be a "bigot", but we like people who worship satan... grade A comedy there, hoss. besides which, the confederate flag is merely a symbol for pride in my heritage. alot of people take the puss route and complain about/hate their hometown, home country, etc., but i like the south, i like america, and i'm sorry you don't. go back to being a flaming california lib now.

:lol:

What talent? Remove Dan Swano from the lineup and you've got an "all star" band with exactly zero decent albums to their credit, of course, it doesn't take a whole lot of talent to rip off Carnage and early Grave and rely on names to move discs.

whoa whoa hey back the bus up....

...ok now go forward again.

wait....

you forgot to pick up reason....

go back.. BACK....

oops you ran over your ego...

...now what...?

poor poor you. A big mess now.

Originally posted by TheBigJones47
this is always a comical point, but especially coming from someone who used to have pentagrams in his signature... so, it's bad to be a "bigot", but we like people who worship satan... grade A comedy there, hoss. besides which, the confederate flag is merely a symbol for pride in my heritage. alot of people take the puss route and complain about/hate their hometown, home country, etc., but i like the south, i like america, and i'm sorry you don't. go back to being a flaming california lib now.

:lol:

I agree. I'm from the South as well, and it seems the only ones keeping the whole "Confederate Flag= Racist" thing going are people NOT from the South, such as Yanks or, like you said, California libs. I went to the Rodeo Cookoff this past weekend (free alcohol and barbecue cannot be beat), and there was a cookoff team called The Confederated Cookers, with Confederate Flags everywhere on their booth. Guess what, they were all black.

Like I said, the only people that care about that stuff are the people who know nothing about it or the PC suck ups.

Wait, I'm confused. You think that the Bloodbath CD is actually gonna make money? Umm, yeah, that makes sense, seeings how Century Media has only had one chart entry in the history of the label, and even that was at 80 something. So they "caved", and made a second one. Big deal, everyone has their price. It's not like it's a bad release (opinion), although it's sure as hell not original.

Originally posted by ffanatic
Wait, I'm confused. You think that the Bloodbath CD is actually gonna make money?

They're not going to go get summer homes off the income from this CD, but I'm sure the advance off the album wasn't something anybody here would sanely consider turning down.

Do you think an album like Bloodbath's gonna lose money? If it does, it's CM that's going to eat it, not the band in this case...

Originally posted by Jim LotFP
They're not going to go get summer homes off the income from this CD, but I'm sure the advance off the album wasn't something anybody here would sanely consider turning down.

Do you think an album like Bloodbath's gonna lose money? If it does, it's CM that's going to eat it, not the band in this case...

Exactly. So what's the problem?