Bloodbath - "Unblessing......" audio samples

wow, that sucked, Bloodbath with Swano had the groove on guitars, now is just br00tal, now it sounds like everything else, just blah.

anyway it's just me, maybe you could find them cool, for me NOT

cheers buddies

I agree the whole groove/riff fest of NMF is missing. I preferred NMF over RTC mainly for that (plus Peter's vocals).

These new songs do have less of a Swedish identity to them as well. Whether that was intended or not.

[edit] Hhaha yeah my soundcard is, for some reason, playing everything back at like 150% pitch.... so when I listened to that I thought Mike learned how to raise his pitch a lot. I thought it sounded fucking awesome! I'll have to wait until later to hear it normal speed but I'm almost 100% sure it own't be as good as the sped up version..... which was brutal as hell!

But still, it sounds awesome.

My first impression isn't really good. Still sounds cool, but it really has nothing special compared to other deatmetal bands (there seems to be no catchy and funny stuff like Eaten, Soulcollector or Brave new Hell etc. this time). I'm afraid that the main reason of it becoming a 'bestseller' will be the guys names.

But Dan will allow the guys to play the songs he wrote live I guess. So any upcoming show will probably kick ass.

I'm a big Swano fan and see Bloodbath more as Blakkheim and Jonas band, Blakkheim has written my favorite songs which are Death Delirium and Year of The cadaver Race, he also wrote Cancer of The Soul, Outnumbering The Day, Drapped In Disease and also am pretty sure wrote Ways To The Grave, Mass Strangulation,Buried By The Dead,Trail Of Insects, and Like Fire. I've heard these samples many times and it's by far Bloodbath's best material and the new lead guitarist Per Eriksson stepped up the band a notch lead wise. Jonas wrote majority of the album and it's by far some of their best. Jonas wrote Stillborn Saviour,Soul Evisceration,Feeding The Undead, and Bastard Sun of God and while being great songs his new ones are much better. Weak Aside written by Blakkheim seems like the most promising track. Dan wrote great riffs and songs it's just not 'his' band.

I'm a big Swano fan and see Bloodbath more as Blakkheim and Jonas band, Blakkheim has written my favorite songs which are Death Delirium and Year of The cadaver Race, he also wrote Cancer of The Soul, Outnumbering The Day, Drapped In Disease and also am pretty sure wrote Ways To The Grave, Mass Strangulation,Buried By The Dead,Trail Of Insects, and Like Fire. I've heard these samples many times and it's by far Bloodbath's best material and the new lead guitarist Per Eriksson stepped up the band a notch lead wise. Jonas wrote majority of the album and it's by far some of their best. Jonas wrote Stillborn Saviour,Soul Evisceration,Feeding The Undead, and Bastard Sun of God and while being great songs his new ones are much better. Weak Aside written by Blakkheim seems like the most promising track. Dan wrote great riffs and songs it's just not 'his' band.

Nobody claimed that it's his band. I'd say all the members that wrote songs were the band.
Well, everybody has it's different music taste. But even when I didn't knew who wrote which song my favourite songs were the ones from Dan. I also like the songs of Anders pretty much, like Ways to the Grave and Outnumbering the day. Stuff with nice melodies. But ...
So you die
Cry my name
Like fire
Eaten
The Ascension
Brave new hell
Stillborn saviour.....
are my fav songs (all from Dan), because they are catchy and have good melodies and great rhythms/grooves.
For me Bloodbath was not all about fast and brutal stuff, maybe for you it is.
But every random Polish Death Metal band is more brutal than the samples from the new mini.
Bloodbath for me was like the good old days, with albums like Clandestine, Spiritual Healing, Human, Necroticism.
All albums you can still listen to, even when you're grown up. You can't listen to Cannibal Corpse anymore when you're grown up, you know ;)

If you search a bit in the Bloodbath forum you will find polls about who liked which songs the most, you will see the majority was Dan's songs.
I really wished they had made the new line-up for their live activities, but kept Dan as a songwriter. I think it would have been a nice solution for everyone... :-/

I still still still think Dan should start his own new death metal project and write similar songs.... I mean, similar to what he wrote before for Bloodbath. Of course he'd have to get guests, but yeah, it would be awesome I'm sure. :p

Im pumped as hell over this EP and the samples sounds very good.
Its a bit surprising how you can say "this is by far the best stuff they have written ever" by listening to the samples. Arent you jumping to conclusions a little bit? The way you talk it seems like you have heard the whole album.

I have only heard the samples like 4 times each though.

I have listened to the samples and they sound like crap, not that the music is crap now! Audio samples on the internet never sound like the real thing or CD version when released. I don't know how anyone can say they sound good.
I do however like the vocals, riffs and arrangements and look forward to adding this to my CD collection when released..................:headbang: