Bloodbath - "Unblessing......" audio samples

The way I hear it is....sounds like 66.6% of Nightmares made flesh. If I added 33% of PopDeath to the mix, then nobody would have anything special to say...I think the stuff on the new mini-cd is better than some of the stuff they brought to the table when I was in "the band". The guys have been raving about supertechnical brutal US death since the first second I met them and Bloodbath was supposed to be super-american and we tried it for the first session (that I accidentally erased!!!) the addition of Furnace Funeral (Months later) was like....what we do now...heh...??? Let´s try some SweDeath stuff and wooompphhzzz we had a third song. Then It was my idea to follow the total Left Hand Path (duh...) for the 1st fullenght...I am sure the guys would have loved to play uncommercial US death like Monstrosity etc. back then aswell, but since I kind of "forced" them to go Sweden-style to even be a part of the 1st record...(And I couldn´t play fast blastbeats or fast doublekicks to save my life) I guess they kept a lot of brutality bottled up and now they let the floodgates open and just fucking merge!!!! And....after hearing a new Deicide song on a Rock Hard sampled......ach du....compared to that stuff, the Bloodbath stuff is fucking classy stuff!!!

Dan

Very interesting to hear your view on the new EP Dan.
Its incredibly good, I have never enjoyed blastbeats like I do on UTP, and I hope they continue like that on the upcoming fullength.

The blastbeats to me a slightly overdone, I prefered the drum style on RTC with only double bass to kick the tempo up.. but I do love the EP, you can tell Dan is missing but its still killer.. Looking forward to the full length big time.

Axe does my fav blasts. He's really clean with them. lol, Even the new opeth has them, and for some reason they sound good.....yeah....ON AN OPETH TUNE!

Yeah The Lotus Eater is probably the best track of theirs since the BWP album I reckon. Apart from some stuff off Damnation which was brilliant as well.

But yeah, I think the new Bloodbath EP is pretty fucking good, I mean it is disappointing that Dan isn't in the band now, because he's an excellent songwriter, but I think Blakkheim and Jonas are doing a pretty good job on the new stuff. Drink beer and listen to RTC!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!