Bloodbath

Yarno

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2005
Can anyone tell me who was actually in Bloodbath? I know Akerfeldt and I think Lopez were in it?

I thought they made some fucking quality songs, Brave new hell and like fire are my favourites. Are they likely to produce any more songs? Because although they sound 'Opeth like', I think the songs I have heard progressed in a different way to the way Opeth have gone nowadays, and I'd like to hear some more on that basis.

Breeding Death - Resurrection Through Carnage:

Mikael Akerfeldt (vocals)
Jonas Renkse (bass)
Anders Nystrom (guitar)
Dan Swano (drums)

Nightmares Made Flesh:

Peter Tagtgren (vocals)
Anders Nystrom (guitar)
Jonas Renkse (bass)
Dan Swano (guitar)
Martin Axenrot (drums)

Lopez wasn't in it. it is one of the side projects from Anders Nystron, Jonas Renske and Dan Swano. they are the the main guys behind it. it started off with them and Mike on vocals. they recorded an EP (Breeding Death) and the cd Ressurection Through Carnage then Mike left. The next album they recorded was 2005's Nightmares Made Flesh which featured Peter Tägtgren on vocals and Martin Axenrot on drums. they played at this years Wacken with Mike back on vocals, and the show will most lilkely be released on DVD, sometime. they currently are looking for a vocalist to fill the departed Mike and Peter. that's about it i guess...

www.bloodbath.biz

BLOODBATH is the fucking shit... it seriously think they are the heaviest band to ever exist....I actually like Nightmares made flesh with Peter Tägtgren a little more than I do Resurrection... and Breeding... and for the person who made the thread www.bloodbath.biz

and I too can't wait for the dvd HEADER

Yarno said:
Can anyone tell me who was actually in Bloodbath? I know Akerfeldt and I think Lopez were in it?

I thought they made some fucking quality songs, Brave new hell and like fire are my favourites. Are they likely to produce any more songs? Because although they sound 'Opeth like', I think the songs I have heard progressed in a different way to the way Opeth have gone nowadays, and I'd like to hear some more on that basis.
Lopez wasnt in it. He did drums on Amon Amarth's Once Sent from the Golden Hall

A lot of people say Mike doesnt sound any different on the Bloodbath records as compared to Opeth, but I think he sounds a lot different..... maybe my ears are broken.

Also, I wouldn't say that Bloodbath kinda sounds like Opeth.
Unless offcoarse you'd say all bands with growling and doublebase sound alike :Smug:

Dan Swanö said:
Hi guys

I am the sole writer of:
LIKE FIRE
CRY MY NAME
SO YOU DIE
THE SOULCOLLECTOR
BRAVE NEW HELL
THE ASCENSION
EATEN
STILLBORN SAVIOUR
and about 40-50% of the riffs in the songs on the minialbum.

The two Katatonia guys wrote the remaining stuff. Too bad Mikeal didn't write anything....