Bloodbound decides to change vocalists....

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
This is copied and pasted from Urban Breed's forum, a post made by him. I personally think Bloodbound is shooting themselves in the foot, but who knows ?

"Time for a new singer in Bloodbound.
Again.
wink.gif

I have no idea who it is but then again, they may well be looking still.
Give them a call if you're interested.

No, it wasn't my decision.
In fact, I was rather looking forward to making another album.
I can't say I'm surprised, though as it's been very quiet from the camp for a while.

Thanks for the time guys! It was fun.
Best wishes to you all !!!"

Urban never gave much detail, but obviously this gives him more time to focus on things like one of his other bands like "Trail of Murder" whom former Tad Morose guitarist Daniel Olssen is also a member of.

Bryant

Hmm.. I didn't care for the first two Bloodbound albums, but the latest was absolutely killer. Shame to see him go,.

I agree with you 100%. The vocals sound great on the first one, but only a couple of songs are really strong. Urban wasn't involved too much on songwriting on the first disc.

The layered harmony vocals are incredible on "Tabula Rasa" but of course it is Urban singing all the parts. Urban Breed could sing Swedish nursery rhymes and make them sound good........ Enough of me playing fanboy though..... I am scared Urban might be lurking here and his ego is big enough. :p If the truth be known though, I wish he sang for ten bands. I can't name a vocalist I like better that is in their prime as he is. Another good thing about Urban is that he is pretty much a health enthusiast. He doesn't smoke, nor drink alcohol. He could be in his "prime" for a long time.

Bryant

Loved Urbans work in Tad Morose...the Bloodbound stuff I'm less familiar with yet it never caught my ear in the first place. As JonnyD says can't wait to hear Urban with Pyramaze...this has me most excited. Pyramaze has been fortunate to land and have three great singers at one time or another...Lance King, Matt Barlow, and now Urban. I also think these singers have been just as fortunate to sing for the fine metal machine in Pyramaze. Lance and Matt never sounded better than when singing in Pyramaze. I expect Urban will do just fine in Pyramaze...imo he'll be scary-good with them.

I can think about a dozen, but that's just me. :) But yeah, the guy is a fantastic talent. Any band would be lucky to have him.

Hopefully you will get a chance to see him live one day. There is a reason I am such a fan. It is not only studio work, but he is an incredible frontman.

Can they afford to make another change at singer? They aren't replacing a drummer here?!

I don't know what is going on in their heads. It is not like they were selling 1,000,000 records to begin with, but Urban is more well known than the rest of those guys having been the vocalist of Tad Morose. They are probably making a huge mistake. Clash of egos maybe ? I don't know

Loved Urbans work in Tad Morose...the Bloodbound stuff I'm less familiar with yet it never caught my ear in the first place. As JonnyD says can't wait to hear Urban with Pyramaze...this has me most excited. Pyramaze has been fortunate to land and have three great singers at one time or another...Lance King, Matt Barlow, and now Urban. I also think these singers have been just as fortunate to sing for the fine metal machine in Pyramaze. Lance and Matt never sounded better than when singing in Pyramaze. I expect Urban will do just fine in Pyramaze...imo he'll be scary-good with them.

The last release by Bloodbound, namely Tabula Rasa, is very, very good if you get the urge to check it out. Bloodbound's other two discs are just ok. They are not bad by any means mind you, but nothing you will be spinning five years from now.
Pyramaze has indeed had good luck with vocalists. I honestly have to disagree about Lance King though. I thought his best work was with Balance of Power...... I mean his best songs were from BoP...... the Pyramaze stuff was actually better front to back though.

Bryant

Hopefully you will get a chance to see him live one day. There is a reason I am such a fan. It is not only studio work, but he is an incredible frontman.

I did. I was at PPUSA this year - all 4 days. He did guest spots in what, 3 bands? There were vocalists better than Urban during that festival. It's not to knock down Urban, it's just to say the absolute caliber of the performers. Look at the guy who did the cover of Queen of the Reich - that was stunning to say the least. Nils K Rue is at least as good a singer as well.

"Tabula Rasa" (which coincidentally I took to the gym yesterday) is a GREAT album, maybe better to me than some Tad Morose.

Vicious Robbie told me that after I spun it for him, he was in awe how much the band have grown since the debut (I never listended to them before but I take his worth for it). So changing Urban is what normally can be called a MAJOR FUCKUP! .
Easy for me, no Urban no interest in the band anymore (I may now start to pay attention to Pyramaze).

this is definately Blood Bounds loss, Urban is a great singer and a great guy to boot, cant wait to hear what he does with Pyramaze!!

Totally i had the Pleassure at Prog power with Tad Morose and was blown away with his vocals live!!

Can't wait to hear Urban with Pyramze :headbang:

i agree with Wyv...without urban i cant see myself being too interested in the band anymore.

I guess it depends on who their replacement is and who actually wrote most of the music and melodies for Tabula Rasa.

Their next album could be even better for all we know. It sucks about the loss of Urban, but it "could" be for the better. Time will tell.

I guess it depends on who their replacement is and who actually wrote most of the music and melodies for Tabula Rasa.

Read the credits on the album booklet and you will understand WHY the band will not do without Urban and why Greg is right about him making the difference for the band.

The last release by Bloodbound, namely Tabula Rasa, is very, very good if you get the urge to check it out. Bloodbound's other two discs are just ok. They are not bad by any means mind you, but nothing you will be spinning five years from now.
Pyramaze has indeed had good luck with vocalists. I honestly have to disagree about Lance King though. I thought his best work was with Balance of Power...... I mean his best songs were from BoP...... the Pyramaze stuff was actually better front to back though.

Bryant

I will definitely revisit Tabula Rasa and some BOP stuff as well. Lances work always seems to be nothing short of amazing.

Did I miss it...does anyone know who will be the next singer for Bloodbound?

I did. I was at PPUSA this year - all 4 days. He did guest spots in what, 3 bands? There were vocalists better than Urban during that festival. It's not to knock down Urban, it's just to say the absolute caliber of the performers. Look at the guy who did the cover of Queen of the Reich - that was stunning to say the least. Nils K Rue is at least as good a singer as well.

:kickass: for Nils K. Rue mention. He is probably my favorite vocalist as well as Pagans Mind as a complete band. An amazing band!

(edits Avatar knowing the PM will fit perfectly being a huge fan of both Pagans Mind & Pyramaze.):lol:

Nils is a great singer there is no doubt about it. I think he is pretty much in the same league as Urban as well. Everyone has different tastes and Urban may not sound as good as some to you..... there is nothing wrong with that. however, you do need to hear Urban singing his own stuff. He is a very rare talent.

Bryant

Nils is a great singer there is no doubt about it. I think he is pretty much in the same league as Urban as well. Everyone has different tastes and Urban may not sound as good as some to you..... there is nothing wrong with that. however, you do need to hear Urban singing his own stuff. He is a very rare talent.

Oh dude, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Urban is a bad singer, nor do I dislike him. He's got a great range and a ton of power. And he was most certainly in the upper percentile of singers at PPUSA.

:kickass: for Nils K. Rue mention. He is probably my favorite vocalist as well as Pagans Mind as a complete band. An amazing band!

Nils is a KILLER vocalist live, the guy's a monster. For some reason on CD he just can't seem to ever capture that. I liked Pagan's Mind much better live than on CD but something about their music just doesn't grab me. They're all virtuosos at what they do, so there's absolutely no fault with the musicianship. I can't put my finger on it but I feel I should be a bigger fan of theirs.

Nils is a KILLER vocalist live, the guy's a monster. For some reason on CD he just can't seem to ever capture that. I liked Pagan's Mind much better live than on CD but something about their music just doesn't grab me. They're all virtuosos at what they do, so there's absolutely no fault with the musicianship. I can't put my finger on it but I feel I should be a bigger fan of theirs.

Unfortunately I've never seen them live, other than some new clips from thier new Live Equation release. Doesn't surprise me at all and agree that Nils and the band is even better in a live setting. The bonus footage from Live Equation, more so the live in studio rehearsal stuff (have you seen this?)...its just killer how tight they are! I do think thier CD's are just as enjoyable, very well produced, great quality musicianship, etc. As you say this band didn't quite "grab me" originally either..revisited their stuff on occasion...now have all thier music and can't stop listening to them.

This guy just can't keep a job, can he? Damn shame too, Tabula Rasa was head and shoulders above the first two Bloodbound discs and probably in my top 5 of 2009.

Fingers crossed there'll be at least one Pyramaze album with Urban...