Blooddrunk US Tour w/ TBDM & BTBAM

Thanks sleeper! What did the last lines mean? I'm not sure if I'm getting it right or I'm just too sleepy and I'm missunderstanding it, but seems like the author is not that happy with COB, like he says they're too rockstars or something. Dunno, may be the time and my mind that just wants to go to bed :lol:

^Nah, the author is just saying that Bodom was really respected by the fans. Instead of those kids doing that stupid slam dancing shit they do to hardcore music (like maybe they did for the other bands, BDM and BTBAM), they actually stood there and listened to Bodom. Although there seems to have been no mosh pit for them, which is just weird...

I think both of you got it wrong. What I read is that he criticises the Bodom fans because they are so paralyzed by the OMG rockstar status they give to CoB that they forget to party.

I think both of you got it wrong. What I read is that he criticises the Bodom fans because they are so paralyzed by the OMG rockstar status they give to CoB that they forget to party.

I did notice a lack of party, and for once I didn't come back bruised.

however, the Hammerstein Ballroom is the worst venue in New York.

Hm...I remember when I saw Bodom in L.A on the Blooddrunk tour the crowd was pretty crazy. the floor was horribly set up but thats beside the point. they were into it lol. awesome concert though :D. was the best ever thats for sure..

that's kickass about the cleveland show. i saw them this past weekend in pontiac, michigan. this place also had like 4 bars, a pretty nice balcony, etc. i liked that it was a little smaller, made it a bit more intimate. there were probably a couple hundred people there, but still breathing room (in one sense of the word at least - there was a shit ton of smoke). tickets were actually a 21st birthday present, and it was the first time i've seen them live. it was one of the happiest fucking moments of my life! i actually kind of feel bummed out knowing that it's going to be hard to match that level of excitement and sheer ecstasy after that show, i wonder if this is what post partum depression feels like..?
setlist was pretty much what people have been saying, can't remember the exact order but the songs were all there. loved when 'children of decadence' came up, it's always good to hear those old classics.
for between the buried and me and black dahlia murder the sun was still up so it was frustratingly bright at times with the setting sun through the windows, but it went down just in time for bodom to take the stage. as a reference for others, the BtBaM set was about 30-35 minutes (they have long songs though! only played 4 or 5 total), then 10 minutes or so to switch out. then BDM was probably 50-60 minutes, and bodom was just about 90 total.
we found at that the fucking girls gone wild crew was hosting a party there after the show which is why the whole thing ended up ending at like 9:10 or so. i guess we got a full set, but it still felt early. plenty of time for drinking afterwards at least! the team america theme was fucking perfect, i knew it was coming from reading updates on SoB site, but still great. even got to hear andrew w.k. version of 'she is beautiful' as they were setting up. here are some pics of the venue:

some gear that was off to the side:
CoBConcertGear10-4-08.jpg

view of the stage before the show:
CoBStage10-4-08.jpg

view of the looking back and up from near the stage (blurry i know, sorry!)
CoBConcertVenue10-4-08.jpg

my view looking down at the stage. my friend and i were up on the balcony looking straight down at the stage, which was just perfect since we would've been pushed away from the stage during one of the opening acts if we'd stayed below. this guaranteed a perfect view for the entire set!
CoBConcertVenueBalcony10-4-08.jpg

circle pit for between the buried and me. they weren't bad, had some cool heavy parts as seen below, but crowd wasn't terribly crazy.
CoBConcertBetweentheBuriedandMeCirc.jpg

here's a view of one of the pits for black dahlia. getting a little bit darker now, and they weren't bad either i suppose. crowd got a bit more into it, but it was nothing compared to how they reacted to CoB:
CoBConcertBlackDahliaMurderCirclePi.jpg

bodom sound check!! i was fucking pumped just seeing alexi's guitars and hearing them tuning jaska's kit:
CoBConcertSoundcheck10-4-08.jpg

they take the stage!!! holy mother of god it was phenomenal. i took a video of them tearing it up with FtR but sound is horrible. the rest of the time i was headbanging my ass off so i didn't get any other decent pics. i hope everyone else who goes has a fucking blast!
CoBConcert10-4-08.jpg

Dude, I went to that show too! It was my second time seeing them live but this show was a much better experience; I got to meet Henkka, Roope, and Alexi and stayed within the first 2 rows. I think I might have seen you before Bodom started playing b/c I was on your right side on the balcony during the first band.