Bloodstock03 review in this months Powerplay

yeh - i think its quite hard to find but has a circulation bigger than rocksound.

I will see if i have time later but it would take a lot of time me thinks to do the full transcript.

Powerplay were sponsors of Bloodstock maybe Vince or someone can get the review posted for us

Powerplay webmaster checking in ....

I haven't even seen it myself, my copy of the mag having been caught up in the wonderful Postal Strike that we are enjoying, here in the capital.

However, given the superlatives flowing from the mouths of the editorial staff present at Bloodstock after the Nightwish set, I'd have been extreemly surprised if anything negative at all was written about the event. [other than the ejection of our photographers from the pit after just 1 song from Nightwish]

I guess that we might be able to put the review up on the site later, but we'd like as many ppl as possible to purchase this months edition :)

We're supposed to have proper distribution ... but I know that it is still hard to find - even here in London. The solution, as ever is to invest in a bargain subscription - we had special offers available at Bloodstock. I'm sure that the Ed would be delighted to receive a cheque from you :)

details can be found here
http://www.powerplaymagazine.co.uk/howtocopy.htm

chazzyf said:
Powerplay webmaster checking in ....

I haven't even seen it myself, my copy of the mag having been caught up in the wonderful Postal Strike that we are enjoying, here in the capital.

However, given the superlatives flowing from the mouths of the editorial staff present at Bloodstock after the Nightwish set, I'd have been extreemly surprised if anything negative at all was written about the event. [other than the ejection of our photographers from the pit after just 1 song from Nightwish]

I guess that we might be able to put the review up on the site later, but we'd like as many ppl as possible to purchase this months edition :)

We're supposed to have proper distribution ... but I know that it is still hard to find - even here in London. The solution, as ever is to invest in a bargain subscription - we had special offers available at Bloodstock. I'm sure that the Ed would be delighted to receive a cheque from you :)

details can be found here
http://www.powerplaymagazine.co.uk/howtocopy.htm
Yeh Buy it - its far to big for me to write a transcript of anyway and it really is a good read this month - we should all be supporting this mag as opposed to the other comics that are about right now :)

it is one hell of a big review ... so yeah everyone should by it ....

pretty much every band got a nice review, with the exception of Invey(1/10) & Bumsnogger (2/10)

Cruel Humanity got 7/10 + we got a CD review in there as well :) 8/10

*CH wearing collective happy faces*

I liked what i saw of invey & yes i thought it was really harsh. Bumsnogger did have a pretty bad sound which didnt help there cause .. tho i didnt see much of them as i was looking after thier merch @ the time

here are the scores for all the bands ... but i truely cant be arsed to write out the etire review as its bloody long!

5th man down (5/10)
powerquest (8/10)
blaze(10/10) ... well done that man
saxon(8/10)

Bumsnoger (2/10)
Cruel Humanity (7/10)
ninedenine (6/10)
mercury rain (6/10)
illuminatus (9/10) ... again well done
Dragonforce (8/10)
Bates Motel (8/10)
Saracen (9/10) ... another well done
invey (1/10) ... bit unfair from what i saw
masterplan (8/10)
fourwaykill (7/10)
waylander (5/10) ... again bit unfair
edguy (8/10)
fulc (8/10)
paradise lost (9/10) ... not in my opinion (used to rock ... now just suck)
Biomechanical (7/10)
nightwish (8/10)

what do we all think?

that's a very harsh set of reviews from a magazine that seems to rely on Bloodstock for the majority of its sales. I didn't see Paradise Lost but, from what EVERYONE said, they played like a bunch of guys who have no respect for their fans and, basically, couldn't be bothered. So how do they get 9/10 when bands like Invey and Waylander apperared to play their collective arses off??
Powerplay have gotta stop reviewing bands on account of their back catalogues and focus more on whats going on on stage.

also, someone should tell them that Bloodstock is not completely a power metal fest, so stop reviewing every band from that perspective!!!!!

Joan said:
that's a very harsh set of reviews from a magazine that seems to rely on Bloodstock for the majority of its sales. I didn't see Paradise Lost but, from what EVERYONE said, they played like a bunch of guys who have no respect for their fans and, basically, couldn't be bothered. So how do they get 9/10 when bands like Invey and Waylander apperared to play their collective arses off??
As someone who has seen PL play 5 times this year, I can tell you that
a) they've played like they have no respect for their fans for quite a few years now
b) some of this year's shows have been excellent - not, I have to say this particular show though
c) They had some equipment problems which got Nick Holmes into an even bigger strop than usual.

Sorry, but Waylander were shite :)

Powerplay have gotta stop reviewing bands on account of their back catalogues and focus more on whats going on on stage.
??? please elaborate. You're a subscriber/regular reader then, are you?

also, someone should tell them that Bloodstock is not completely a power metal fest, so stop reviewing every band from that perspective!!!!!
Err, I'm not the Ed, but you are talking bollocks there. I think that 4 of the 5 staffers who attended and reviewed the bands wouldn't have categorized themselves as Power Metal fans - a Power Metal fan wouldn't have been seen dead in the shirt that Simon Gausden was wearing :)

dude does anyone know anything of bolt thrower? im just pondering whether they're still around n grinding? would be fun to see em at 04 though(that or Scarlet Bullet Lake, on the rise that band)

shirezy said:
dude does anyone know anything of bolt thrower? im just pondering whether they're still around n grinding? would be fun to see em at 04 though(that or Scarlet Bullet Lake, on the rise that band)

lol...i'll second that last point shirezy, everyone come to the alma in bolton to see for yourselves on thursday....a gig that the brilliant area 54 played not a month ago!

we (bumsnogger) aren't bothered by our indifferent review. we had fun over the 2 days and thats all that matters.
besides, our ep will be getting 8 out of 10. not sure if it's in this issue

1 out of 10? heh heh
well, if it's not yer cup of tea then fair do

and as joan said. i think its a bit daft to judge all the bands in the eyes of a "power-metaller"
we're so not metal. actually, some of the words they used were justified, painful and nasty. heh heh

playing clean, crisp, technical note perfect music where you can hear every riff and vocal is not on our agenda

creating an unholy cider and piss-sodden screaming abrasive mess is. and having a good laugh too

yeah, they offered us a spot on the cd too, but to be honest, we thought the money can be spent elsewhere for better good.

besides, we already forked out a shedload of cash to record and self-release our ep. but thats a good thing in the long run