bloody capitalist mega stores and century media

evilnell

Mar 25, 2003
Liverpool
Visit site
Ohhhh...I'm so very annoyed. :yell: I went all the way into town today to buy Enemies of Reality by Nevermore only to discover that HMV want £19 for it! It's only 40 minutes fucking long! :yell: :yell: :yell:
Anyway, I'm now in total despair when it comes to highstreet shopping, so I was wondering, can anyone here vouch for the delivery services of centurymedia.net, amazon etc? It seems like the only way I can buy non-'nu metal' metal for a reasonable price. Thanks

its all safe nowadays, dont believe this hype over credit card fraud, as long as you dont start giving out your credit card number to randooms youll be fine.... they deliver pretty quickly normally too...

Yeah...I guess I'm just a technophobe whose heard one to many horror stories about batterd cds arriving, or cds that don't arrive at all! I suppose I'll have to haul my ass into the 21st century sometime.

sounds like a good idea to me, ive never had a knackered cd arrive. the best thing is you get loads of bubble wrap..... its like you pay less for the cd in the first place and then they give you some bubble wrap (hours of entertainment) for free... what better deal is there...

I always use www.napalmrecords.com wherever possible. They offer an absolutely excellent service and their prices are extremely reasonable.

www.emp.de I have also used, and again I find it reasonably priced, althhough they can be slow to respond to problems.

www.theendrecords.com is another I have used with no problems at all.

I have used Century Media's online store on two occasion before I beleive and had no problems at all.

You are a genius! Wow. I've just been to Tesco.com, they've got an amazingly comprehensive metal collection, and all their CDs are pretty cheap in comparison to highstreet stores. I can't believe it- Tesco stock the Manowar back catalogue! Wow. Thanks for the tip. :p

I am over to Tesco.com to check this out later! They definitely don't stock them in shop.....I seem to spend a inordinate amount of time in our local Tesco's.....and have never seen much decent at all!!

wow, ive never been more impressed by such a comprehensive collection of truth in music form in one place, virtual or not... bloody got everything, from angra to rage to whatever you want... ive found a new online home...

Well seing as Tesco is also part of a big multinational corporation, it makes it all the more impressive that they have such 'obscure' items such as Sonata Arctica and Angra. Big thumbs up to tesco. I usually buy my Cds from a shop called Hellraiser Records, theres strores in York Leeds and Wakefield and they have a website too, all full albums usually fall somewhere between 10-13 pounds.
www.hellraiserrecords.co.uk

My guess is that the 'Tesco' CD shop is not run by Tesco at all, but by some faceless corporation who allow their site to be badged by the likes of Tesco.

Whatever, if the prices are great, who's complaining. And if you can use your 'Clubcard' - bonus!

chazzyf said:
Oh yeah, I meant to say.

The prices and service at www.centurymedia.net are excellent. I paid by switch and received my goods 2 days later. Don't blame Century Media for the price that HMV charge in their stores.

I wasn't. The title to my post was misleading. I just tagged the century media bit on to get some feedback on them before I used them. I didn't mean to imply a connection between them and the afformentioned capitalist twats HMV. I should have made it clearer. Soz. :)

Big thumbs up to tesco. I usually buy my Cds from a shop called Hellraiser Records, theres strores in York Leeds and Wakefield and they have a website too, all full albums usually fall somewhere between 10-13 pounds.
Yes, Hellraiser offer a good service, although they're often not the cheapest. (still reasonable though) And they'll order in anything you want, that they haven't got in stock, aswell. The only downside is that they still don't take online orders! Although that does mean that you have an excuse to make a phone call to the delightful Sheridan. :)

ST Records in wolverhampton have a massive selection of anything metal. As for online I often use 101cd.com They are cheap (most of the time) and ahve a bargain basement. I just got Blaze 10th Dimension special edition for £4.99.

Yes Catharsis, big thumbs up to Sheridan the source of infinate amounts of obscure and wierd wonderful metal bands and information, always seems to arrive within 2 weeks and at reasonable prices. Take Jonoleth, he is about to buy an italian 'Holy Knights' CD, no one seems to have heard of them but they were in the shop.