Blut Aus Nord question

DeathRattle12

Jan 16, 2009
ok, i've been searching through just about everything black metal thread on this site, and the band i most commonly see is Blut Aus Nord, someone point me in the the direction of whatever album of theirs is considered their best. I'm very much interested in checking them out, but i want to start with whats agreed upon as the greatest by them.

as long as you stay away from MoRT and Odinist, you really can't go wrong. The first couple of albums are a bit more traditional, The Work Which Transforms God is generally hailed as a break through record in black metal: a record that seamlessly integrates ambience and industrial overtones into a truly uncompromising and unrelenting piece of work. The latest album, Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue with the Stars, is nothing short of spectacular.

MoRT is a good album if you like dark ambient..if you are looking for black metal then you can skip it

got to admit though, i read the review about The Work That Transforms God, and it disturbed me greatly that they even mentioned ICP with the song named Procession of The Dead Clowns, someone please convince me that is has nothing to do with them, i won't listen to anything associated with the shit know as ICP

Odinist really is not good. That was the first Blut Aus Nord album I ever listened to and for the longest time I never checked out anything of theirs again.

The first two albums are the best. The later stuff is weird and not that interesting compared to them.

got to admit though, i read the review about The Work That Transforms God, and it disturbed me greatly that they even mentioned ICP with the song named Procession of The Dead Clowns, someone please convince me that is has nothing to do with them, i won't listen to anything associated with the shit know as ICP

what the fuck? yeah there's nothing remotely linking "Procession of the Dead Clowns" to ICP other than the word "clown"

Odinist isnt as bad as everyone says IMO. There are some good songs on that album. It definitely has more of a black metal feel than TWTTG but still isn't nearly as good.

Memoria Vetusta 1: Fathers of the Icy Ages is seriously a fucking amazing, highly original album...i'd also recommend The Work Which Transforms God. I haven't heard Memoria Vetusta 2 yet (wierd cause i practically shat myself when i heard it was finally coming) but I hear it's also excellent

Yeah Memoria Vetusta II is just as good as The Work Which Transforms God but in an entirely different way because they both sound pretty different from each other.

as long as you stay away from MoRT and Odinist, you really can't go wrong. The first couple of albums are a bit more traditional, The Work Which Transforms God is generally hailed as a break through record in black metal: a record that seamlessly integrates ambience and industrial overtones into a truly uncompromising and unrelenting piece of work. The latest album, Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue with the Stars, is nothing short of spectacular.

This.

But keep in mind all albums are very different from each other. So even if you don't like TWWTG then try one of the first two or perhaps Memoria Vetusta II