Blut Aus Nord - Thematic Emanation of Archetypal Multiplicity

We already had a thread where everyone pretty much shit all over the new one! I never bothered checking it out, but I never bought TWWTG so I might pick up the compilation of the two!

Their next full-length MoRT will be better . I like this , it's maybe just as good as TWWTG but less solid due to the EP thing.

I bought "The Work..." and listened to it quite a few times, honestly trying to like it. But it never really clicked with me, and I'm considering trading it away.

Crimson Velvet said:
I bought "The Work..." and listened to it quite a few times, honestly trying to like it. But it never really clicked with me, and I'm considering trading it away.

Check my list in the trade thread! Doubtful, but you never know!

I got "The Work..." and listened to it quite a few times, honestly trying to like it. But it never really clicked with me, but I kept the cd as I don't trade anything away.

I quite like the EP, at least as much as I did TWWTG.

I remember seeing somewhere that the songs on the EP were just leftover from some split they did. If those were leftover, I need to find this split. Damn my laziness.

Erik said:
I got "The Work..." and listened to it quite a few times, honestly trying to like it. But it never really clicked with me, and I traded it away.

I borrowed "The Work..." from my friend and listened to it quite a few times, honestly trying to like it. But it never really clicked with me, and I gave it back to him.

I bought "The Work..." sometime during the summer of 2004 when there was a big hype surrounding it, coming from people such as Nate the Great and others whose tastes I generally trust, and listened to it (sometimes drunk, sometimes stoned, sometimes sober, sometimes while working out) quite a few times (more than five, I can tell you, but probably not more than ten because anytime you listen to an album that many times over the course of several days, the music tends to grow stale and banal and it honestly destroys the joy of listening to it in my opionion, I'd rather my music be surprising every time I listen to it, which is why I spread my music listening out and try not to let one album outweigh the rest, although I did it when I first bout "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" on CD, though, and I still love that album, altough that case is certainly an exception), honestly (in my heart of hearts) trying to like it (I am of the opinion that everyone should at least "try" to like an album when they first hear it... if it disappoints you, so be it, but you should at least give everything a chance -- it makes the music-listening experience that much more enjoyable!). But then it really clicked with me -- I, being a big fan of the coldness, the dissonance, and the guitars that waver in and out of the wall of sound like phantoms running their cold fingers down the back of a frightened young boy that is running through a graveyard... I remember the days when children were afraid of graveyards and haunted houses and graveyards instead of Neverland Ranch... I mean really... who the fuck predicted the irony of that name?) but I bought a bunch of other stuff and forgot to listen to it more (at least, as much as I should have in the ensuing seasons); I haven't really considering trading it away.

I downloaded The Work... and listened to it a couple of times and I can't decide if it's cool or utter shite. I'm literally on the fence with this one.

Black Winter Day said:
I bought "The Work..." sometime during the summer of 2004 when there was a big hype surrounding it, coming from people such as Nate the Great and others whose tastes I generally trust, and listened to it (sometimes drunk, sometimes stoned, sometimes sober, sometimes while working out) quite a few times (more than five, I can tell you, but probably not more than ten because anytime you listen to an album that many times over the course of several days, the music tends to grow stale and banal and it honestly destroys the joy of listening to it in my opionion, I'd rather my music be surprising every time I listen to it, which is why I spread my music listening out and try not to let one album outweigh the rest, although I did it when I first bout "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" on CD, though, and I still love that album, altough that case is certainly an exception), honestly (in my heart of hearts) trying to like it (I am of the opinion that everyone should at least "try" to like an album when they first hear it... if it disappoints you, so be it, but you should at least give everything a chance -- it makes the music-listening experience that much more enjoyable!). But then it really clicked with me -- I, being a big fan of the coldness, the dissonance, and the guitars that waver in and out of the wall of sound like phantoms running their cold fingers down the back of a frightened young boy that is running through a graveyard... I remember the days when children were afraid of graveyards and haunted houses and graveyards instead of Neverland Ranch... I mean really... who the fuck predicted the irony of that name?) but I bought a bunch of other stuff and forgot to listen to it more (at least, as much as I should have in the ensuing seasons); I haven't really considering trading it away.

Dude, you're taking way to many literature classes. That sounded like some sort of monologue you were supposed to write for some 20th Century Lit class on idealism in 21st Century Music. I mean that in a good way.:Spin: