Bodom Inspired Metal with an Alexi Tribute.

Conti

Chief Conti
Jan 21, 2006
Hey guys. Long timer here to share some new music my band is releasing today (actually a split.)

While we aren't a Bodom clone I definitely let myself lean on those influences a lot more than I had in the past. I think some of you guys would really enjoy it.

I re wrote one of my solo sections after Alexi passed as my own little tribute to the man that got me started. Peep that at 3:49. I'm really happy with how that lick came out. Felt him playing through me!

Check it out and let me know if you like it or if you hate it haha.

Reactions: rj rl and MattK
Though for a moment it was MIDI in the intro! :D

The whammy stuff at 3:49 did remind me a bit of Alexi. Overall I wouldn't say this sounds much like Bodom, but I still kinda like the songs. Doesn't really sound like anything I've listened to before which is odd. Definitely melodic, and very progressive, but that applies to Wintersun too and this doesn't really sound like Wintersun to me. It somehow reminds me of technical death metal too which is odd considering I only know one song from that genre (Necrophagist - Stabwound) :D

Actually looking at your signature, maybe I'm actually onto something when thinking that it sounds a bit like Necrophagist? :D

Having listened to both songs twice, I think I prefer the second one.

Though for a moment it was MIDI in the intro! :D

The whammy stuff at 3:49 did remind me a bit of Alexi. Overall I wouldn't say this sounds much like Bodom, but I still kinda like the songs. Doesn't really sound like anything I've listened to before which is odd. Definitely melodic, and very progressive, but that applies to Wintersun too and this doesn't really sound like Wintersun to me. It somehow reminds me of technical death metal too which is odd considering I only know one song from that genre (Necrophagist - Stabwound) :D

Actually looking at your signature, maybe I'm actually onto something when thinking that it sounds a bit like Necrophagist? :D

Having listened to both songs twice, I think I prefer the second one.

Hey, I really appreciate you checking this out! Yes, I was definitely going for a modern and fresh sound while writing these tunes. Glad to hear it sounds unique. Believe it or not there are tons of little bits I felt were heavily inspired by a certain Bodom riff. Definitely a lot of tech death influence as well but I try not to go too far down that rabbit hole. Melody will always be king.