Bogner Shiva for metal???

seahawk29

New Metal Member
Jun 10, 2007
Hey guys long time lurker of the forums and want to say to all thanks for the gear and recording related info.. So on to a few questions.. What are peoples experience with the Shiva? Im in love with some clips ive heard on youtube but none of them show if this amp can do metal or heavy tones. Ive yet to try it in person and dont have the cash right now but im just trying to do some research. I already have a 6505 into mesa 212 cab for my modern metal tones and really want the bogner to do cleans and mid gain type stuff but itd be great if i can play some heavy stuff on it too. Ive heard people say its not a "metal amp" but the gain i believe is suppossed to be in the jcm800 realm. Anyway if anyone has any cool clips of the Shiva or has one and wants to make some clips itd be appreciated.. Thanks guys.

Just checked some youtube videos. Certainly sounds like it has enough gain for saturated metal tones.
I'm sure you could coax really nice tones out of it for metal, yeah.

It has more gain than a JCM 800, quite a bit more. A single-channel at any rate; can't speak for the 2205/2210.

I've used one for heavy stuff before; it didn't have much less gain than my TSL, honestly. It is not a modern-voiced amp by any means, so if metalcore or extreme DM tones are your bag, this is not the amp for you. It should do Opeth/Mastodon/Tool/AIC sort of tones without issue. I love the thing, but that's where I gravitate tone-wise to begin with.

The clean channel is absolutely fantastic, by the way. One of the best cleans you'll hear from a channel-switching amp.

Cool thanks guys. Yea was really lookin for hard rock tones anyway. It turns out I dont have 1400 to spend on a head right now but i do have like 700-800 and i was looking into some used Riveras (S120,M100,older Knuckleheads)