Boogex Vs Pristine Space Vs Others etc etc etc

"Evil" Aidy

Mörti Viventi
Jul 15, 2007
Stamford, Lincs
I searched but couldn't find a thread for comparisons via the search facility. I'd love to dicuss this with you all as you are all probably more experienced at mixing & engineering & tech stuff than myself!

Which program do you lot prefer for using cabinet impulses in?

I find that Boogex works well in getting rid of some of the annoying top end fizz I personally experience with impulses. I think it's because it has a built in amplifier and high pass filter section (i think).

Although this does colour the sound of the amp sim/head you are using though (but it can be minimized by turning all the amplifier knobs to zero).:)

Pristine Space sounded a bit thin to me? And very sharp/hissy? Even with hours of EQ-ing afterwards with a parametric EQ. Anyone else had trouble?o_O

SIR locked up my PC when i tried to run it so i think perhaps i need a more powerful CPU! My PC was choking big time. :puke:

Cab simulator with Revalver MKII was pretty good but I only have the demo so I can't save my settings. That can be a pain when re-load my project up.:loco:

Let me hear all your thoughts 'n' opinions and lengths you've gone to, to get great tones.

Especially when a real cab and mic hasn't been available!

Cheers.

I agree with you on boogex and pristine space. SIR 2 is really nice but its kinda pricey. I think they did a little work on the new revalver 3 and its very close to SIR so I'm going with that when it comes out

i use Voxengo AFimpulse.. very easy and straight forward, sounds killer (better than revalver 2 cabinet thing, but i might be doing something wrong there :oops:

I've been using Boogex, mainly because the only other plugs I have cause latency issues, or too much of a CPU hit.

I'll try out KeFIR, though. Thanks for the link Torniojaws.

Cheers.