Books

*sigh*

Fine I'll go google. I assume it was a cartoon way back when. Not really sure why I care all that much.

No. Keep closing and opening Mozilla with reckless abandon though.

(I can see this thread about to expand tenfold with useless, yet entertaining for its time, banter)

I spent a few years with Fraggle Rock, don't worry. Probably '83 and '84. Holy balls if those aren't some of my fondest childhood memories.

No.... but even if I did remember I was reading up on the whole show about a month ago so it would've been pseudo-cheating. I do remember what he looked like though, and how much he ruled.

I hope that comes out on DVD soon, last I checked it wasn't. Rhino Records to the rescue, please!

BenMech said:
I wanna reread Naked Lunch.
Masochist. :loco:

So I'm reading the second book of Asimov's robot series (The Caves of Steel), and since that new I, Robot movie is slightly modeled after this story, I've been picturing the main character as Will Smith in appearance. Just looked at the cover of the book after reading 150 pages, shows a white dude. Thought that was funny.

Just finished Caves of Steel. Probably go out in a bit to go get some more Asimov, or check the local used bookstore sometime tomorrow.

So it has taken me 2 months to read 65 pages in Steppenwolf and I can't get into it. I'm digging the discussions but the style is just plain boring me. Also I'm probably 250 pages in to The Moor's Last Sigh but haven't had the desire to read it in months. I'll come back to those later, on to more Kerouac and Asimov.

I'll read pretty much anything- worked in a bookshop for a few years so you find yourself dipping in and out of all sorts.
favorite authors must be Umberto Eco and Iain Banks- both twist your brain arround nicely and you never know what's going on till the last page. I've heard that Iain Banks books have different endings put in in the US by his publishers- very patronising to the reader I think, if it is true!

Just finished I,Claudius by Robert Graves today- them Romans were a strange breed!

And bring back the Freggles- kids today get fucking Barney and playstation they need some real entertainments. I think the dogs name was Sprocket!

http://www.egosumpapa.8k.com
music for the mentally unstable

NAD said:
So it has taken me 2 months to read 65 pages in Steppenwolf and I can't get into it. I'm digging the discussions but the style is just plain boring me.
You wuss!

I won't give anything away, but there is a MASSIVE change that takes place about 1/3 of the way into the book. It not only alters the way the book is being written, but the entire outlook of the book itself. Keep up with it, put on your thinking cap and observation goggles, and let the events unfold.