Books

Later. I think I'll enjoy it more when the weather is cooler, it just doesn't feel like a triple digit story for whatever reason.

I'll be reading the Foundation series soon enough, since I've fallen in love with Asimov's Robot series. If the writing style is the same, it's quick and to the point, with each chapter a kickass cliffhanger.

Just finished Asimov - The Naked Sun (book 3 in the Robot Series), it kicked ass. Time to finish Desolation Angels.

*wonders if he'll ever finish the last Rushdie he started last year*

I just read The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch by Philip K. Dick. Wow. I almost stopped reading after the first few chapters but damn I'm glad I didn't. I really recommend it.

With as much as I like PKD, I really have to read some more of him. Sadly, I've only read four of his books.

I should read some PKD since I'm on a science fiction binge right now. Probably start with Blade Runner since you know, Blade Runner kicks ass and all.

Yeah, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is a good place to start. That was my favorite PKD novel until I read The Three Stigmata.

Though I warn you, if you liked Blade Runner, Do Androids might ruin the movie for you.

Books > Movies as usual.

I'm trying to read Stephen King's/Peter Straub's The Talisman for the second time. I've made it further this time than the last. Pretty boring so far.

I haven't watched Blade Runner in many years, so maybe I should watch it again to gain my last fond memories before reading the book? :)

Shit this is on page 8 and in dire need of a bump.

Finally fucking almost done with The Moor's Last Sigh, I think I've read about 15 books since starting this one, it has moments of brilliance but far too many slow parts to be a real page-turner like Rushdie's other works.

Went wandering tonight, drove the whole way through a mountain town then ended up at a Barnes and Noble to buy a chocolate puzzle thingy for the ex-woman that I'm probably borderline stalking at this point and the fourth and final book of Asimov's Robot Series, probably read it within 3 days like his other books. I love that guy's style, very direct but mucho mucho thought provoking.

Tranquillian, did you ever start on Asimov's Foundation series?

I started Hyperion by Dan Simmons this weekend. like all sci fi you have to wrap your mind around the concept of a different reality but then it begins to sink in. Elements which rule so far:

1. Every scifi book should have a tard culture and this book has the group which calls themselves the threescore and ten. they have problems with past or future tense.
2. The Shrike - a killing machine, and the namesake of Dead_Lioness's puppy.
3. A drunken poet who has a stroke and for a while can only say nine words: cunt, piss, poop, fuck, peepee, poopoo, goddamn and a few others.

Trying to continue with Stephen King's/Peter Straub's The Talisman. This has got to be King's most boring book, second only to The Tommyknockers. But I need to read it so I'll know what's going on in Black House, then I can read the final book in THe Dark Tower series having read all companion books.

Someone please tell me this The Talisman gets better.

Well I started on Kafka's the Trial today. Ive never been a fan of science fiction or fantasy. Give me crushing and oppressive reality.

J. said:
Someone please tell me this The Talisman gets better.
retard1.gif