Books

Doomcifer said:
currently reading Nausea by Sartre

A friend of mine read that and sorta went insane for quite some time.

In retrospect it's pretty funny, but at the time it was pretty scary. He was absolutely convinced that he didn't exist.

Doomcifer said:
currently reading Nausea by Sartre
I picked that up a few weeks ago, haven't read it yet. Looks like a real happy tale! :dopey:
MajestikMøøse said:
A friend of mine read that and sorta went insane for quite some time.

In retrospect it's pretty funny, but at the time it was pretty scary. He was absolutely convinced that he didn't exist.
haha, that rocks.

over spring break i read Good as Gold by joseph heller, which was enjoyable, flaubert's Bouvard & Pecuchet, which was phemomenally incredible, and i just started The Jungle which is...like...:zombie: :ill: :mad:

"The Grand Inquisitor" is up next on my list. Probably going to take a break from Philosophy after this and read some fantasy or historical novels.

after school i'm going to go replace my destroyed earbuds (damn drunkenness) and buy the latest book in the Song of Fire and Ice novels (A Feast for Crows)... the ending to A Storm of Swords made me need to change my gaunch...

gaunch1gt.jpg

NADatar said:
Real men eat hotdogs while reading The Jungle.

:lol: yeah some of that stuff is pretty disturbing, although what's more disturbing is what happens to the people in the story. seems that gets neglected a lot of the time; it's like "The Eternal City" from Catch-22 except stretched out to novel length

Everyone here needs to read Anne Rice - Violin.
I am also re-reading The Hobbit at the moment, and Jean-Paul Sartre's Age of Reason.
About to start reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

Jack Whythe - The Skystone
R.A. Salvatore - THe Highwayman

picked these up today, couldn't remember the name of those books lizard posted, gonna have to go back sometime soon.