Books

Doomcifer said:
Seriously...is it really necessary? You really are a fuckin douchebag.

It'll really help, I think. I've barely started Ulysses, but reading Portrait beforehand led to increased understanding.

Current reads: All the Women of the Bible by ML del Mastro
Symbols and Allegories in Art by Matilde Matissni (sp?)
The Twisted Root by Anne Perry

Yeah I am usually reading more than one book at once. Though not usually 3...

Doomcifer said:
Seriously...is it really necessary? You really are a fuckin douchebag.

no way man, ULYSSES READERS WHO DON'T BOTHER READING PORTRAIT OF A YOUNG FAGGOT BEFOREHAND 4 LIFE

edit: damn, I can't do that to my hetero-lifepartner james joyce, but fuckit! comment stands!

Chromatose said:
no way man, ULYSSES READERS WHO DON'T BOTHER READING PORTRAIT OF A YOUNG FAGGOT BEFOREHAND 4 LIFE

edit: damn, I can't do that to my hetero-lifepartner james joyce, but fuckit! comment stands!

Good. :kickass: I just needed one person to say that btw. lol I'll finish TBK tonight and start on Ulysses manana.

You're a fucking flute if you don't read Portrait, it's like watching The Godfather 2 before the first. You'll probably give up on it anyway, so it doesn't really matter :p

Susperia said:
Current reads: All the Women of the Bible by ML del Mastro
Symbols and Allegories in Art by Matilde Matissni (sp?)
The Twisted Root by Anne Perry

Yeah I am usually reading more than one book at once. Though not usually 3...

Hm, all of those seem pretty interesting and you're also female... will you have my babies? :D

Dick Sirloin said:
You're a fucking flute if you don't read Portrait, it's like watching The Godfather 2 before the first. You'll probably give up on it anyway, so it doesn't really matter :p

zing! (but almost positively true nonetheless)

and to answer your IM question you left, I WAS saying to skip that bitch, hahahah. But I wasn't really serious, I just know doomcifer was waiting for someone to tell him not to bother reading it :p

Hey, fuck you guys. okay.

Duke%20Kid%20Crying.jpg

I started Joyce with Finnegans Wake, but I've been told I'm as insane as I am stupid, so I'm okay with it.

Finished Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut the other night, not sure why that one took me a few months to get through, usually a Vonnegut book is accomplished with two whiskies and one sleepless night.

Been spending a lot of time at the library because I am a cheap fuck. Among recent reads:
The Killer Angels, Michael Shaara
Gods And Generals & The Last Full Measure, Jeff Shaara (basically tell the story of the Civil War, with Angels being specifically about Gettysburg and the other two books sandwiching it. Cool shit.)

Song of Troy, Colleen McCullough (Trojan war, blah blah blah, lots of buttsekz but also lots of killing and cool characterization and stuff. I'm a Greek mythology geek so I dug it.)

Lonesome Dove, Larry McMurty (Just grabbed it today, haven't read it yet but I've heard great things.)

Picked up Gods and Myths of the Viking Age by HR Ellis Davidson today. I'd read it a few years ago already, but it was on sale and a really pretty hardcover version for only $7 so I grabbed it.