books

read "the life of Pi" by yann martel, "not wanted on the voyage" by timothy findlay, "angels and demons" by dan brown, and "mother night" by kurt vonnegut. all cool. OH, and "sexing the cherry" by jeannette winterson

Getting off of the "American" classics subject, I also really enjoy Fyodor Dostoyevsky's books, as well as C.S. Lewis.

And for a rather non-classic sort of pleasure, I also like Tom Clancy's writing quite a bit, too. Not that Op Center stuff he didn't really write, but the Jack Ryan novels.

Oh man, I read that in like seventh or eighth grade, got all the way through it and didn't want to read another depressing book ever again. Of course as luck would have it, when I had to read another american classic I chose "The Jungle", which for the first 200 pages is a really depressing story of Lithuanian imagrants in Chicago in the early 1900's. In the end it turns out it's just showing the evils of capitalism and how the only answer is communism, damn the beginning was depressing.

By the way thanks for all of the ideas, I think I'll be able to come up with a good book for next semester at school. So you guys don't have to keep talking about it, but it does seems to be a source of inspiration.

i just started reading a lot more lately. ive read a bunch of ray bradbury: the illustrated man, october country,the matian chronicles ...etc.

some others ive also read a brave new world by huxley

solipsist and do i come here often? both by henry rollins

i just finished far from the madding crowd by thomas hardy tonight
and began to read the divine comedy

finished Insomnia by Stephen King a few weeks back...now I'm into A Game Of Thrones by George R.R. Martin, which is part of a fantasy series (A Song Of Ice And Fire) that apparently HBO will be making a series out of...good stuff so far.

I recently read A Short History Of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. Now I'm finishing The Misery by Stephen King.

Last books I've read in random order:

Howard Zinn - Terrorism and war
Bruno Walter - Of music and music-making
Wassily Kandinsky - On the spiritual in art
Fyodor Dostoyevski - Notes from underground

Stephen King - The Dark Tower series is fucking amazing. I love it. I've been re-reading it.

I'm a huge book geek too. Lovecraft is great in "The Call of Chthulu" but he is tremendously hard to read most times.