Books

MMM I love reading....!!!!
I love some works of Mexican authors like Alberto Ruy Sánchez specially for the atmospheres he create, the extended vocabulary, the relation between all his books and the beauty he can manage inside...
I also like historic novels, like Aléxandros of Valerio Massimo Manfredi, about Alexander the Great!!! and I really enjoy reading it with so passion and enthusiasm! Also Marco Polo of Muriel Romana, a view from Venice to China..
Living with the lama of Lobsang Rampa, some things of live through the live of cats…
Mein Jahrhundert of Günter Grass, A happy world of Aldous Huxley, lot of Edgar Allan Poe, Benson, and Nathaniel Hawthorne, The prison of freedom of Michel Ende, Siddharta of Hermann Hesse, Le bâton d´ Euclide of Jean-Pierre Luminet, The family of Mario Puzo, about the Borgia family, O Jerusalem of Dominique Lapierre and Larry Collins, also tales of Oscar Wilde, and much much more… I also read a lot of art and all related with the cultural heritage, but this is more because of my career..
I don’t remember more right now… but how I enjoyed each one!!!!
And now that I read the previous titles… I am tempted…

TormentaMuluc said:
O Jerusalem of Dominique Lapierre and Larry Collins
hey i read that one too! it's quite informative and i think it was as objective and realistic as it could be. though there may be some unintentional "traps" one can fall into while reading. not good to have a final conclusion but still great resource of info, and it's pretty readable. (well, in fact the book's topic is a topic that one can never end up with a solid final conclusion. with every piece of new information i read about the foundation of israel my confusion increases :err: )

Miltbrand said:
Since I have just (today) found out that in october I´m going to the southern Afghanistan as a soldier, I´ll have to recommend Roland Jaquard - 'Au Nom d´Oussama Ben Laden' (In The name Of Osama Bin Laden) and Ahmad Rashid - 'Taliban - Islam, Oil And The New Great Game In Central Asia'

Those two books can shed so much light on the whole situation!

I have read the Ahmad Rashid book. I must get the other book you mentioned.
thanks and have a safe deployment. In fact thanks to you all for your replies in this thread.