Borknagar bootleg vid. Wacken 2002

Erik Tiwaz said:
It doesn't play on your pc?? Perhaps you should run Windows Update to get the latest updates. Windows media player should be able to play it.

But anyway, the codec used is MPEG-2, you can download it for free here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Codec-Packs-Video-Codecs/Stinkys-MPEG-Codec.shtml

Strangely enough, I didn't have the codec either. And I'd like to think I keep this computer updated pretty well.

Well, thanks alot guys. I'd like to come up with something origional to say to you, but I failed...heh.

The Alaskan Headbanger said:
Strangely enough, I didn't have the codec either. And I'd like to think I keep this computer updated pretty well.

Well, thanks alot guys. I'd like to come up with something origional to say to you, but I failed...heh.
VideoLAN
Download this, and you'll never have trouble with codecs again

Back to the vid itself: cool show! Shame about the sound, but I've heard worse, it's ok when it comes down to it...

Personal highlight: check out Vintersorg's verse in "The Dawn of the End" at 33:37, in which he does his AWESOME growl at 33:42!! He really kicks ass in this song and takes it up a notch! Go Mr V!

Naglfar said:
The video, while quite cool, seems to drown out Vintersorg's voice because of the synths used (the synths overpower a lot of the sound overall, imo). If you listen closely, especially on Colossus, Vintersorg's singing is quite good. It's an issue of it being a bootleg, not Vintersorg having a poor live voice. And again, no offense to the bootleg. I love bootlegs. :)

I recall your criticism is similar to criticism that was also directed at Vortex, mainly that he can't sing live (which is, in my opinion, also not true, as I have seen him sing chorus with Dimmu myself). People don't seem to have high opinions of ANYONE who sings for Borknagar live, hehe.

I agree on this point also. Or, it could be also that some people just can't get over the fact that Garm is no longer in the band:p

Come on folks, Borknagar's vocalists have all had their merits, and they all fit in well during the bands musical evolution. Could you imagine Garm on Epic? I couldn't. But then again, Vintersorg on The Olden Domain?

It's not that anyone is lesser than someone else, they all simply have their talents, and I think their talents were best for Borknagar at the time they were with the band.

At the end of the day, Borknagar has stayed to it's roots, but also evolved. Strong to start with, and still strong.

Cant wait for this next album.

My commemoration of that wacken show on the black metal stage is a very diffrent one from the impression you get by watching the vid of course.

I must say that Vintersorg and Vortex are excellent live performers.

Especially on that show the voice was much better as you get to hear in the vid.

However - great vid!

chears!