Borknagar - Epic

Just because they don't sound exactly the same, doesn't mean he can't post about it. A lot of you are giving him stick as if he said they sound exactly the same. All he said is that they are the same kind of Avant-gardish style of metal, which is true. Im personally thankful he made the post, I hadn't heard any of their music before, and though I don't love it and it doesn't touch Opeth, it's still not bad.

Oceana said:
why compare borknagar to another band? why compare opeth to another band? try to listen the music without comparing bands, it will be a much better experience, trust me :D

That's quite a standard response, but hey, I'll shut up and quit this silly discussion! Let's enjoy both :headbang:

If you are going to checkout Borknagar I suggest you seek out previous albums rather than "Epic." Find the song "Colossus" and you may be reminded of some Opethian passages.

the_dying said:
Well, give me one band (NOT Opeth) that sounds like the part I mentionned before. Now, amaze me.

alright...that part resembles the following bands:

Arcturus
Ulver
Agalloch
Abigor (various passages only)
Wongraven
Storm
Empyrium
Otyg
Vintersorg's solo work

there, not one band...but 9....be amazed now.

Borknagar are an excellent band, but maybe you should have posted this on solefald's forum or soemthing that sounds a bit like borknagar. An accoustic part with clean singing really doesn't make them sound much more like Opeth than any other band with accoustics and clean singing.

E.g the entire Folk Genre, or the entire prog. rock/metal genre

^ they are two different bands, with two different musical styles. You can't really compare them just cos theyv'e got the same singer. That's like comparing Opeth with Bloodbath. :tickled:

Vintersorg - "I want to do something different with Borknagar than what I've done with Vintersorg"

:err:

You people already got Epic? I ordered mine from Best Buy and it won't be here for another month. But I do think there is some connection between Borknagar and Opeth. The Olden Domain is my favorite CD by them; there really are a lot of similarities (I think the ends of The Dawn of the End and The Apostle in Triumph are very similar).

You only need one similarity between Borknagar and Opeth.

they're both really good. Definately check out Epic. good shit. :headbang: