Borknagar Kicks Ass

Originally posted by JesusChristPose
The closest band to Opeth that I have heard, yet they are their own sound.

I purchased a cd the other day for 4.99 ~ which was a compilation of Metal Blade groups: Borknagar, Opeth, Nevermore, Theater of Tragedy, Sentenced, etc.

The song Ocean's Rise by Borknagar was on there...it blew me away.

I will definitely be purchasing these guys.

That was a Century Media comp.

I sit corrected. Century Media it was and all for 4.99 ~ an excellent deal that I could not pass up on. Heard my first Katatonia tune on that, I did...and just ordered their latest release on half.com for only 5.99.

I only got the first three albums but i must say after what i've heard of the latest ones i think that they sounded better with Garm on the vocals. The first one and "the olden domain" are just unbeatable imo;)

Hmm.. the thing I find with Borknagar, is though they have 5 albums, just like opeth, there just doesn't seem to be enough music. Their albums always feel incomplete. But nonetheless, Borknagar Rocks. I think my favorite would be the Olden Domain, Followed by The Archaic Course, Then the self titled, the Empericism, then Quintessesance. I can't spell.

But god I love ICS Vortex's vocals.. He is like Mr Mega Viking Man... I love his voice.

Originally posted by svenske kocken
I think there are only two Borknagar albums worth mentioning: The Olden Domain and The Archaic Course.
!! True. Especially the Archaic Course. The other albums have their highs and lows.

Well out of the recent cds that I have purchased, Borknagar's Empiricism is my early favorite...by far.

I enjoy the mixing of clean/death vox, the implementation of a keyboard and their overall style of music.

Besides Opeth, now I have found 2 new bands to enjoy ~ Borknagar and My Dying Bride....It is great to find new music that is worth listening to.

The Olden domain and The archaic course kicked really seriously... it would seem that with Mr. Vintersorg in vocs they're gonna top those :) Can't wait to see them live with that vocalist :cool:

I still think the drums are tinny... on Empericism that is. Like the opening blast beat on the first track. The drums are nowhere.

I think all the vocalists that they've had over the years have been good. Obviously I'm more used to Vintersorg's stuff... and he's brilliant.

How's this for controversial= I think Vortex is better in Dimmu Borgir.... *ouch*