Boss DS-1 to tighten up Recto?

Well, I just tried the exact settings you provided for the Monkey and Mesa on Ch. 2 Modern mode: FUCKING AWESOME!!! Thanks so much, man. THIS is the tone I've been trying to get for ages! Problem is, I had to stop playing b/c my neighbor came knocking on my door. :lol:

BrettT said:
Well, I just tried the exact settings you provided for the Monkey and Mesa on Ch. 2 Modern mode: FUCKING AWESOME!!! Thanks so much, man. THIS is the tone I've been trying to get for ages! Problem is, I had to stop playing b/c my neighbor came knocking on my door. :lol:

No problem dude, glad to help. Neighbours are a big problem for me too, have to record at pretty low volumes, so those clips would probably sound alot better if i could turn up the fuckin thing. Anyway, its great youre happy with your tone now, nothing like spending alot on an amp youre dissapointed with, before the monkey i was stressing for months trying to get a decent tone. Anyway, rock on and enjoy!

I had the 3-channel Dual a month ago.

Try also the third channel (with your Monkey) in Vintage mode. Different settings on eq, but i liked the tone vintage gave me. More tone, i think.

mmetalmilitiaa said:
Here's a rough recording from my band, no vocals.

EDITED: link didn't work

Song title is Last Chance

http://www.soundclick.com/thewindriseselectric

Thanks for the clips mmetalmilitiaa and cool song!
Hopefully I' ll be able to get my recorded tone to sound as good as that so for general referance I have to ask:

Mic placement? sm57?
Krank settings (including volume) w/808 settings?
What's the cab/speakers?

You must have tried recording the krankenstein without the 808 so how did that go?

DS-1 sucks and I hate it, I have owned 2 don't know why I bought another one but I hate them. I found an Ibanez tube king. Love it, but they are a little hard to find. I think my next pedal will be a seymour duncan twin tube classic. Played one recently and was fucking in love didn't have $200 at the time but it will def be the next perchase guitar gear wise.