Got a sweet new guitar cab!

BrettT

Aug 29, 2006
Austin, TX
I bought a 2x12 Recto cab with my 3 channel Dual Recto about 2 weeks ago. I was majorly disappointed with this cab...wayyyy too bassy and woofy on the low end. Not a tight cab at all. I brought it back tonight and picked up a used Rivera K412T cab loaded with Vintage 30s in great condition for $500. This cab sounds GREAT. Really tight bottom, and very good construction. It's amazing what a good cab can do for your tone. Those oversized Mesa cabs are junk, IMO.

Woah, funny!

IMG_0733.jpg

I love mine, too. ;)

That's her!!! We're probably the only 2 people on the planet that have this cab. There's only 1 review for it on Harmony Central. It sounds awesome, though. 10x better than that Mesa p.o.s.

Mesa's aren't bad, but they certainly can sound boomy in the room. Mic'd up is another story.

Ken Sorceron actually had one, as well - he'd probably chime in, if he wasn't on tour in the UK right now :lol:.

i think the mesa 2x12's sound pretty killer, i don't care a lot for their 4x12's tho

that's a sweet price on that rivera cab tho, they make some really great cabs...you don't see many of them around either

Cool dude! I owned a Rivera KHII awhile back. One hell of an amp, with the biggest low end I've ever heard.

I've got guitar cab fever too! I just emailed a guy about buying an unloaded Marshall JCM800 cab.

Here's my main cab now :

stringysbigrig-1.jpg

I'd LOVE to buy a Splawn, but I can't really afford it right now. Girlfriend and I are moving into a new place, etc. etc.

My music that I've been writing by myself might finally get live, and I'm super, super excited...but the second guitarist who I've known since high school doesn't have a proper 412 cabinet, just a 100w tube 112 combo. I had the other two of those Govs laying aroud so I started looking for an unloaded cabinet. I went on eBay and I noticed JimAnsell from HCAF is selling an unloaded JCM800 cab for pretty cheap.

Now I just need two more speakers, I'm thinking G12T75s again.