Woohoo! Just scored a Recto cab!

BrettT

Aug 29, 2006
Austin, TX
One of my good buds needs money and is selling me one of his Recto (oversized) cabs for $500! It's in great condition and sounds great. I already own a 4x12 Rivera cab with V30s that sounds great, but it's definitely a different sounding cab than the Mesa. I'm pretty stoked.

Hey, you guys have Peter Russel Clarke, there had to be a tradeoff somewhere! That freakin' blooper vid still slays me :lol:

how do score cab??? ¯(o_0)/¯

Peter the Panda is informed of the Mesa Prices in Australia.

1e654-pandabillum.gif

He Get Sneaky Seagul onto 'em.

197710.gif

**chip packet may or may not be a Mesa Recto cab.

I saw a guy around here selling a used triple rec + cab for 30,000 sek which equals 3579,95 US dollars. Which is just a bit more than you would pay for a Triple Rec head brand new here. Yay.

Yeah, just checking at one of Swedens biggest online music stores, and the price for a new Dual Rec is 26.500 sek, 3162,29 USD, and the matching cab is 14.200 sek, 1694,51 USD. So, a brand new Dual Rec rig would total at 40,700 Sek, just about 4800 USD.

HLYSHIT - there's a guy around here selling a Recto cab WITH THE FUCKING DIAMOND PLATE SIDE ARMOR for $550; I'd snatch it in a second except I'm afraid it'd make the fucker even more intolerably heavy than it already is! :erk: What sayeth you dudes? For reference, my Stiletto cab is about 6 lbs. lighter than a standard (unarmored) Recto cab, and I can handle it fine except when getting it in on its side to slide it in the back seat of my car (talk about awkward), so I'm thinking the extra ~15 lbs. the armored Recto cab would have would just be too much for my 5'11" 155 lb. frame...

But on the other hand, the whole reason I bought a hatchback is so I can get a cab in the back the easy way and put the back seats down, and the only times I've needed to put it on its side with the back seats up is when I'm moving back and forth from school with a shitload of other stuff to carry - and since I'm graduating in May, that won't be an issue for long! Hmm...

I got my recto cab about a month ago for $495 from Guitar Center's used site!! I completely ripped them off somehow.