Boss MT-2-Metal Zone pedal...

Yes, very cool, UI used to it for 2 years, but than I exchanged it to Zoom 505II Guitar Effect.
MT-2 sounds awesome, but you need to have reverb in your amp to play some solos. I hadnt so i had to exchange. btw mt-2 is great for riffs, mutes and harmonics.
U made a good deal buying this one :D Its the best single metal distortion pedal

I have this pedal as well. I was trying to get it for the LONGEST time because the only other pedal I had was a DOD Death Metal pedal:yuk: . I FINALLY got one of my friends to give me his when he went out and bought himself a fancy Boss multi-effects processor. Now I am a happy camper...too bad I play my acoustic more than my electric anyway:lol:.

Dammit! When will the hype of this unbelievably overrated piece of machinery ever stop??? Metal Zone is, as far as I can tell (and I can tell a lot, let me tell you), not that good. Sure, if you want your guitar (or, at least the sound comin´ out of your amp or whatever) to sound like a pack of horny bumblebees gettin´ ready to mate, then, by all means, go for the Metal Zone.

Ah, screw it, I´m tired of shitty pedals that produce shitty sounds. Amps are where it´s at, people!

I must agree with you, though, ShadowLioness, the DOD Death Metal Pedal (doesn´t that just roll off your tongue? - "DOD deff medul pedul") is without a doubt truly crap-diddely-icious.

I own this pedal...if you have a solid state amp, it's the biggest piece of shit ever, it's all hiss, no tone, I hear it works well with tube amps tho. I just use my Boss GT-3 instead.

well yeah, amps is the best thing for sound obviously.
but im not the kinda person who can just wake up in the morning and buy a mesa boogie ya know.
i like the metal zone pedal and some others do too which is cool.
if it sounds like shit, ya gotta learn how to make it rock!

thanx for the replies all

i'm using an Ibanez Smashbox right now..and this is by far my favorite distortion...its even better then the 15 types of distortion on my multieffects unit... there is one mode which keeps everything TOTALLY silent when your not playing.. so there is absolutely no fuzz or weird sounds coming out since distortion is on...

Any Pedal that says the word Metal right on it is a joke. I used to fuck with rat pedals, but now I feel I get a way better sound just using my Marshall Valvestate. It's got 3 channels, parallel effects loop, power attenuator...lots of shit. I tend to use the OD2 channel which is really crushing for distortion that still sounds clear and not muddy. There's also a cool clean channel and the OD1 channel is kinda like a classic rock sort of distortion that comes in handy if you wanta mix things up.

I used to play a Marshall Shredmaster Pedal with a Marshall Valvestate 150 top (Valvestate sucks by the way). The Shredmaster was way cool, but unfortunately it "died" some time ago. Now I try to cope with a jackhammer ... not too happy with that one either.
Gotta get rid of that Valvestate thing.