Bosses suck!!!

MentaLee

Goldmember
Jan 14, 2003
Coventry,UK
Visit site
Seeing as my workplace is now introducing a brand new computer system which goes live on Saturday, they have decided that those who have the misfortune of monitoring it (moi!!!) are all needed 'on deck' and have thus suspended all leave, booked or not, no exceptions for the next few weeks while the system is bedding in and us end-users become fully conversant with it before the software company bods fly back home to Canada. Cheers guys!!!!

So, seeing as we can't take any holidays until Feb, my holiday booked for next Fri, Sat and Sun (my working week....3 days!!) is cancelled and I have Dream Theater tickets for the Fri and Sat.......so what do I do?!!! Obviously the correct answer is to stick the tickets on Ebay at a profit......:rolleyes:....but no, I shall follow procedure and go sick :lol:

Bosses suck!!

I'm not fully conversant with the law on these matters, but I know that they need to have truly exceptional circumstances to be able to cancel leave that's already been booked, and this doesn't sound like it counts. If nothing else, you can tell them to go screw themselves unless they're prepared to compensate you for your loss (both monetary, and for having to miss the gig). Or just take a sickie... :)

MentaLee said:
Seeing as my workplace is now introducing a brand new computer system which goes live on Saturday, they have decided that those who have the misfortune of monitoring it (moi!!!) are all needed 'on deck' and have thus suspended all leave, booked or not, no exceptions for the next few weeks while the system is bedding in and us end-users become fully conversant with it before the software company bods fly back home to Canada. Cheers guys!!!!

So, seeing as we can't take any holidays until Feb, my holiday booked for next Fri, Sat and Sun (my working week....3 days!!) is cancelled and I have Dream Theater tickets for the Fri and Sat.......so what do I do?!!! Obviously the correct answer is to stick the tickets on Ebay at a profit......:rolleyes:....but no, I shall follow procedure and go sick :lol:

Bosses suck!!
good call! bosses do truely suck , bunking off work or school in the name of metal is a must , you can always grovel to keep your job but you cant ask dream theater to pospone the gig!

Seriously Lee..I am pretty sure that this can't be done! Do you have a grievance process? (DM with her worky HR head on here)! I will make some enquiries at work today and suss out what the LAW says! That's employment law BTW!

Other than that I have to say it sounds like your bosses SUCK badly!!

I wouldn't worry too much about bunking off work, you can self certify yourself for up-to 7 day's with out a GP's note. So legally you are covered, just don't get caught!.