Bouncing DFHS won't work...?!

Ben Johnson

SSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Jan 17, 2006
Chicago
For the longest time I've been mixing tracks without bouncing DFHS down to individual wave files, but now that I'm using more tracks and plugins than ever before and CPU/ram performance are starting to become an issue, I want to lose the power hungry VSTi. Problem is, whenever I hit the record button on the DFHS window, and hit play on the transport window (in Nuendo), the record button gets disabled. :cry:

It can't be that the sequencer has to be in a different host, can it? The weirdest thing is that the bounce feature worked without any problems when I first got DFHS, around 2 years ago I think, and I can't for the life of me remember what I did to make it work.:erk:

Odd. Dunno what's going on, your best bet is to ask on the ToonTrack forums, they have the guys that actually did the programming raoming around on there.

~e.a

TPC is the algo that reduces the hit on RAM by a lot. It is in construction window, bottom left.

Hmm...it's called "cache" on mine. Maybe an update would be in order. I can't remember the last time I did.

Alrighty, I did the update.

Bad news is that bouncing still won't work. Pressing play still disables record button for some reason.

Good news is this TPC feature brings all my DFHS ram down to about 150Mb, so I have plenty of room to breathe now.

So this bounce thing is not an immediate concern right now...

Bad news is that bouncing still won't work. Pressing play still disables record button for some reason.

Good news is this TPC feature brings all my DFHS ram down to about 150Mb, so I have plenty of room to breathe now.

just so you know, and dont get lazy, the TPC decreases the sound quality of the samples by a lot, enough to notice even on a boom box (vs the mixdown)

Pressing play disables the record button?

Easy.

Nudge your midi track along 3 bars (so it starts on bar 3) and hit record from bar 1.

The other option is go to options and see "Record midi at start"... check or un check that (can't remember which fixes the issue so basically, if you have it checked, uncheck it and vice versa.)

Let me know.