Bouncing mass amounts of drum samples from Pro Tools - Help

Jan 25, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
They recorded a mass amount of drum samples at the studio I work at, and I have the lovely job of cutting them all up, fading and bouncing them.

I am at the bounce stage and it is the biggest pain in the ass by far. So far the only way I know of is to select each item individually and bounce it. It especially sucks because I need to do this three times per item for direct, bleed, and room.

Is there a faster way to do this? It is taking forever and I am starting to lose it o_O

Consolidate each region / commit your fades, so that each sample is a single region. Name each region whatever you want. Then simply select them all and hit Shift-Command-K to export each region as a file. Done.

Either what corey said, or if you need to apply plugins to the tracks in question; route the output of all the tracks to their own new tracks; hit record. Make tea.
Drink tea. Done

If you have plug-ins that you need to render, you can also do this:

1. Save the settings for each plug as a preset.
2. Bring up the AudioSuite version of each plug.
3. Call up the preset and make sure "Individual Files" and "Region by Region" are selected at the top of the plug.
4. Select all of the files and hit "Process."
5. Repeat this for each plug on the track - make sure to do the plugs in the same order as you have them on the channel.

Now you've got all of the processing in place, but the samples are still individual regions. Now you can select them and hit Shift-Command-K to export as individual files.

If you have plug-ins that you need to render, you can also do this:

1. Save the settings for each plug as a preset.
2. Bring up the AudioSuite version of each plug.
3. Call up the preset and make sure "Individual Files" and "Region by Region" are selected at the top of the plug.
4. Select all of the files and hit "Process."
5. Repeat this for each plug on the track - make sure to do the plugs in the same order as you have them on the channel.

Now you've got all of the processing in place, but the samples are still individual regions. Now you can select them and hit Shift-Command-K to export as individual files.

Good call... never thought of that!