Bouncing tracks from Pro Tools...takes FOREVER

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
Hey guys , just wondering if anyone knows a quicker way of bouncing tracks from Pro Tools? For instance I like to back up all individual tracks once they are fully edited as individual wavs. In Ableton you can export the track and it takes like 2 seconds on my computer. For some gay reason Pro Tools makes you listen to the entire track for every track you want to bounce... for a longer song this can take over an hour ! Is there any way around this? Thanks in advance guys !

yeap...thats the faster way to do it.

1.- alt + shift + 3 on the regions you need to export

2.- double click on the region and rename it (not necessary but it will help you find them better)

3.- select either one or more regions you would like to export and do control + shift + k

4.- select your destination format, and folder and you're done.

i do this every time i have a mastering session.

Thanks guys so much ! That will save me a ton of time. Exporting this way will export it with all plug ins , etc , just as if I were bouncing or playing the track in pro tools?

One more thing , I just tried doing this , but apparently when you separate at selection when editing , all the separated parts become new regions. So for instance if there was a solo that was made up of multiple cut regions , is there any way for pro tools to export these as one continuous file? Or would bouncing still be the better option in that situation?

One more thing , I just tried doing this , but apparently when you separate at selection when editing , all the separated parts become new regions. So for instance if there was a solo that was made up of multiple cut regions , is there any way for pro tools to export these as one continuous file? Or would bouncing still be the better option in that situation?

Select the regions and consolidate them. That will make them one continuous region. Exporting regions won't include any plugin processing, though.

One more thing , when exporting consolidated region , it doesn't save the pan and volume information right? So I wouldn't have to worry about un-panning guitars and whatnot first?

Consolidating makes one audio file of all the seperate files in one chanel. That's it :)
By remaning them, they're easy to recognize in the audio files folder, so you can pick them up from there for futher mixing or whatever.

Edit: so no plugins, pan settings, volume settings or whatever are saved!