Boxing, yeah I know only 3 ppl care...

Feb 11, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
So who saw the Roy Jones fight this past weekend? Roy is a great fighter he just needs to fight better fighters. He needs to fight Bernard Hopkins.
Lenix Lewis gave up a belt because he didn't want to fight the mandatory Chris Byrd.

This weekend is THE fight!!!
Who is going with Oscar De La Hoya?
Who is going with Ferando Vargas?
I hope Oscar wins but I have my doubts. I would like him to win to shut up a lot of people. So many people just write him off. Say hes a pretty boy, blah, blah, blah. But in reality he is a great fighter.

Roy is moving up to the heavywieght division. Should be interesting! He is gonna fight Ruiz, and the winner of that fight is gonna fight the winner of Holyfield vs. Byrd. Kinda cool to see a heavywieght unification tournament. Lewis is gonna fight Vitaly Klitschko, but you know I don't care what Lewis does, I really wish he'd go away.....and yeah, I'll be getting the De La Hoya fight.

There was nothing "special" about that fight. Lewis is rarely special unless it is time to remind us that he is "the best the world has ever seen," "there has never been a Lennox Lewis in this sport" yada yada yada. He is a limey prick and this opinion is obviously held by not only me but by many people because he is the least popular champion we've ever had. He can't sell out an arena or sell a PPV unless he is fighting Holy or Tyson. Why? People can't stand this arrogant fuck - kinda like the 2000 Baltimore Ravens. Good? yes. Fun to watch? Hell no. Legendary? No way. Likeable. Even less likely.

You are calling Mike Tyson the greatest heavywieght since Ali? Because you just said "lewis beat the greatest heavywieght since Ali. I think Lewis's legacy is over inflated. I think holyfield will be remembred in higher regard. Lewis's lone victory over Holy is tainted - he wouldn't have gotten that call if the judges didn't throw the first fight. Plus, Holy has beaten tyson twice, has beaten holmes, has beaten foreman, has beaten bowe, and he has never turned down a fight. Lewis only fights who he wants to fight when he wants to fight them. As far as heavywieght champs go, Holyfield and Holmes both did more as champs w/ and w/out thier belts. So Lewis is not the best since Ali.

The problem with boxing is to many weight classes and to many belts. What planet gave Ruiz a belt? Dear God he sucks. I don't mind Lewis so much. He beat Holy bad the first time and the second time was not so decisive but still I think he won.

Originally posted by Cincy Vigilante
The problem with boxing is to many weight classes and to many belts. What planet gave Ruiz a belt? Dear God he sucks. I don't mind Lewis so much. He beat Holy bad the first time and the second time was not so decisive but still I think he won.

I think the second fight was a draw, but after the debacle the first time around there was no way they would call it a draw. Ruiz is an insult to all sports fans. Not only does he suck, but he REALLY sucks. I get embarrased watching him.

PS: Frank Bruno was one of my favorite heavywieghts. But he turned totally chicken shit against Tyson the 2nd time they fought. You could see in Bruno's eyes, he was scared. He had the technical skills to beat Tyson but was scared, and that was the end of his career. I think he developed some kind of an illness too, and had to retire.

Oscar De La Hoya won me over tonight. I've been one of those calling him a pretty boy, and I've cheered the two times he has been beaten, but tonight he showed character and class - two elements missing from many of todays fighters (i.e. Lennox Lewis)

The fight was GREAT, Fernando came out in a fury, showing why his nickname is "Furious," every time he got Oscar on the ropes, be proceeded to pummel Oscar. De La Hoya however perservered and with a calm, cool, and collected demeanor took the fight over. Vargas kept coming up with enough flurries to keep the fight close, but alas, in round 11 De La Hoya got him with his patented left hook and knocked him down. Upon getting back up, De La Hoya was beating the crap out of him, and the TKO was called. It was a damn close fight as of the TKO though, one judge had Vargas ahead on points, had the fight went the distance, it may well have been a draw. This fight rejuvanated my interest in this great sport.

HELL YEAH!!! SWEET!! I finally put up money on Oscar tonight 5 big bucks. But still...
Oscar can out skill anybody as long as he does not loose his composure. I'm glad he won tonight as it helps his cause. He is under rated and under appreciated. I hope Tito comes out for the rematch.
Vargas is a tough talkin punk and he wouldnt even stick around for the interview.
Did you hear how Vargas hates Oscar because back in the day they were training in the winter. Vargas slipped and fell in the snow. Oscar happened along and then laughed at him. And it hirt Vargas for life! No kidding thats what they said tonight during the prefights.