Brazilian Pop Music

Feanor IV

Jan 22, 2002
Athens, Greece
www.metal-realm.com
Anyone interested in this musicstyle? You know, Caetano Veloso, Gal Costa etc etc etc. Any Brazilian guys here? I need some help, some recommendations (artists you like, albums you recommend plus a list of a few good songs to begin with :))

Any help - i'll be sooooo grateful! ;)

hey! I am a big fan of Brazilian popular music!! :)

I recommend Chico Buarque. He's a really good song writter and his lyrics are amazing (in portuguese, though)! He's been around since the 70's and still plays great music.

A newer artist I really like is Fernanda Porto. Her stuff is really original! She kinda mixes up Brazilian music and drum n' bass... Awesome stuff...

Lenine and Zeca Baleiro are 2 new artists as well, pretty cool and weird stuff!!

Djavan is a classic! Really sophisticated brazilian pop music...

Milton Nascimento is an amazing singer...

Hell, there are a lot of talented artists...:)

I think this kinda music is, well somewhat distinguished..(it is Brazilian Music), I recall hearing once the singer Milton Nascimento..so I'll have to recommend him..although I don't usually listen to such music..

Speaking of south america...

Ten years ago I was in Colombia for holidays.
I discover there a tiny girl, with black black hair, singing beautiful sad songs samba like coming from the earth. Her guitar playing was minimalist but very interesting. Her name was Sharkira, 10 years later she seems younger than ten years ago and speak stupid songs...

John Carvajal said:
I was expecting a Brazilian "Hot Models" (Pop Music) :erk:

that new band trio is not bad, with carlinhos brown (i think) and a girl
You mean "Tribalistas"?! Damn, I hate that stuff. They play it all the time at the local brazilian restaurants. :ill: Listen to some Fado instead. Great portuguese music. :D

I have the Tribalistas CD, there some pretty good songs..but the singles are horrible! lol

Some recomendations:

Fernanda Porto:
De costas para o mundo
Eletriciadade
Batuque Virado
Sambassim
Só tinha que ser com você
Tanta Besteira

Chico Buarque

Mulheres de Atenas (Women of athens, lol)
Geni e o Zepelim
Construção
Meu caro amigo
Cálice
Paratodos

Lenine:
A ponte
Ecos do ão
Sonhei
Umbigo

Zeca Baleiro:
Heavy Metal do Senhor
Bandeira

hope you like them.. They are a bit more modern than Gal Gosta and stuff... But it's still brazilian popular music... :)

Nicolas said:
Speaking of south america...

Ten years ago I was in Colombia for holidays.
I discover there a tiny girl, with black black hair, singing beautiful sad songs samba like coming from the earth. Her guitar playing was minimalist but very interesting. Her name was Sharkira, 10 years later she seems younger than ten years ago and speak stupid songs...

oph yeah Shakira's first albums were good (spanish ones), good sad songs she had :yell: