Anyone Interested in Reamping

thefish666

Jun 28, 2007
Guys, I am a total newbee at the whole recording guitar thing and the guitar modelers and software are not helping me right now. Anyone would like to help out with some reamping, I have 2 guitar tracks in my folder on the FTP. I think I'm looking for something in the way of a 5150;Boogie;Krank;Engl. Is anyone interested in helping me? I would deeply appreciate any help you can offer?
I love the guitar sound of some of the following :
Killswitch, Lamb of God; Exodus etc etc etc

I've reamped them for you but why are the 2 tracks one and the same take for the most part? This way you can't pan them unless you want phase cancellation.

Anyway:

BTW, check this out: Free Reamping

Have you tried running a modeler with impulses instead of the built-in speaker sim?

Jeff

Jeff, takes for being one of the few to reply to my thread, I really appreciate it. Do you have any recommendations and or settings ?

PS sorry I took so long to reply, I got called out of town last Thursday just returned

I've reamped them for you but why are the 2 tracks one and the same take for the most part? This way you can't pan them unless you want phase cancellation.

Anyway:

BTW, check this out: Free Reamping

Shadow, thank you so very much for doing this for me you were the only one to do the reamping for me....I am very new to this whole thing...Also I thought that you could copy and paste a guitar track, so I am taking from your message that I will have a phase issue (could I use the phase reverse on my track), so I guess that means that I should do the track a second time and depending how many guitar tracks I need i should do one for each, Sorry It took so long to get back with a reply got called away from town and just returned , I will check these out 2morrow

Jeff, takes for being one of the few to reply to my thread, I really appreciate it. Do you have any recommendations and or settings ?

PS sorry I took so long to reply, I got called out of town last Thursday just returned

Depends on what modeler you're using - unless it's Amplitube II, I don't have any amp settings... with the impulses I'd just look through the GuitarHack impulses and see what came through. If I have any free time I could try running a DI track through my Amplitube settings, or through my attempt at another sound (I should warn you that I like midrange... a lot... and I tend to go for sounds with more bite than a hungry shark in the kiddie pool)...

EDIT: If you copy-and-paste a guitar track, you'll wind up with a louder version of the same track. You need the mild performance variations to make it actually 'double-tracked' and not just slightly louder. Just do another take where it's needed.

Jeff

Shadow, thank you so very much for doing this for me you were the only one to do the reamping for me....I am very new to this whole thing...Also I thought that you could copy and paste a guitar track, so I am taking from your message that I will have a phase issue (could I use the phase reverse on my track), so I guess that means that I should do the track a second time and depending how many guitar tracks I need i should do one for each, Sorry It took so long to get back with a reply got called away from town and just returned , I will check these out 2morrow

I see what you meant by the phase issue, I will be laying down an additional track or 2 in the next couple of days, I really like the reamping that you did ...what was the amp and its settings and the impulse or cabs/mic used...Thanks for your time

Depends on what modeler you're using - unless it's Amplitube II, I don't have any amp settings... with the impulses I'd just look through the GuitarHack impulses and see what came through. If I have any free time I could try running a DI track through my Amplitube settings, or through my attempt at another sound (I should warn you that I like midrange... a lot... and I tend to go for sounds with more bite than a hungry shark in the kiddie pool)...

EDIT: If you copy-and-paste a guitar track, you'll wind up with a louder version of the same track. You need the mild performance variations to make it actually 'double-tracked' and not just slightly louder. Just do another take where it's needed.

Jeff

Jeff, thanks for your input..i do have Amplitube 2 are there any settings you can share...Also about the copy and paste thing, would there ever be a need to use this ..Question if I wanted to Quad track L-100,R-100,L-80,R-80 ...would I do 4 takes?..Lets say I have only 2 guitar parts I would track each guitar part 2X ...Guitar 1 for 2 takes( A & B) and Guitar 2 for 2 takes(C&D) = 4 tracks...Would the panning look like this :

L-100 = TAKE A
R-100 = TAKE C
L-80 = TAKE B
R-80 = TAKE D

Check your Private messages... i also did some reamping for you and uploaded it back to your folder on the FTP. Let me know what you think.

I see what you meant by the phase issue, I will be laying down an additional track or 2 in the next couple of days, I really like the reamping that you did ...what was the amp and its settings and the impulse or cabs/mic used...Thanks for your time

Hi, it's a custom amp through Guitarhack's impulses. I don't remember the settings, though.