Is anyone willing to do some reamping for me?

Machinated, what guitars and strings did Tim and Sam use and what tuning ?

I wasn't involved in any of the tracking so I don't have a clue what they used. I have asked Abbott to retrack a lot of it, as the mixes aren't taking shape the way I'd have expected - the guitars seem like they were played a bit soft. Also the band feels this song was tracked a bit fast and the drums need sorting out too, so we are going to pick it up again in a few weeks. How did you know it was AD?

I wasn't involved in any of the tracking so I don't have a clue what they used. I have asked Abbott to retrack a lot of it, as the mixes aren't taking shape the way I'd have expected - the guitars seem like they were played a bit soft. Also the band feels this song was tracked a bit fast and the drums need sorting out too, so we are going to pick it up again in a few weeks. How did you know it was AD?

What do you mean by AD?

Guitar Hack, love the tone you captured ..what did you use to reamp ..what head and cab or did you use an impluse

I used a Krank Rev into Mesa Traditional Cab with a 57.

I d/l'd your DI's from your thread to reamp for you but overall they were pretty funky levelwise, etc.... If you get some other DI's together I will give them a shot for you with the same settings and mic placement if I have time.

:bah: :confused:

I could also give the tracks a shot if you'd like. :)

Yeah man, the band is hopefully retracking guitars this weekend, and I have given them specific orders to really play the strings hard this time. Hopefully this will make getting the guitar sound good a lot easier. Obviously it would be cool if you try with these DI's anyway - I can get a flavour of how your custom amp will sound with these tunes!

I was having trouble getting the attack of the guitar tone right in the mix.

I used a Krank Rev into Mesa Traditional Cab with a 57.

I d/l'd your DI's from your thread to reamp for you but overall they were pretty funky levelwise, etc.... If you get some other DI's together I will give them a shot for you with the same settings and mic placement if I have time.

:bah: :confused:

GH, could you let me know what to improve on my DI tracks, that you were talking about, any advice will be useful and helpful..thanks

Ok, here's a couple of samples to help you get on idea of how the amp sounds.
It goes like this:
Sam: first guitar - vintage, second guitar - modern
Tim: first guitar - vintage, second guitar - modern

Sam reamped
Tim reamped