reamping guys - anyone up for a full album? will pay

I think there needs to be bass in this mix to really hoose a guitar tone as well. It's not komplete without one and judging guitars without bass doesn't make muk sense.

Cool guys, here's the chain since you asked. I actually had the mids on '1' on the amp the whole time, but funny stuff happens when you go this route. I agree there are too many flat mids in mine, but it was inevitable in the method I used. There were 2 tones, 1 for each pair of guitars.

Tone 1: Red Eye > Custom Tubescreamer > Bugera 6260 Lead Channel > Speaker Out > Countryman Type 85 > Millennia Origin > Catharsis Pres 8

Tone 2: Red Eye > Bugera 6260 Lead Channel > Speaker Out > Countryman Type 85 > Millennia Origin > Catharsis New impulse

Tone 1 was doing the smooth stuff, whereas 2 did the grinding and 'crunch'.

Now I'm still wondering whether I permanently damage the output transformer by not using a load! haha.

Agree with lolzgreg re: needing a mix. Having at least a bass guitar to add in is a tad crucial in getting the lows to sit right.

Well, here are two more just for fun. Forgot to slam them though! (But didn't forget to pan right this time, haha).

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/285689/Reamping/ermz-fraglereamp2.mp3

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/285689/Reamping/ermz-fraglereamp3.mp3

Also, if I may suggest, I think it would be wise to listen to the character of the tones rather than the frequency proportions. For instance if a tone has too much mids for you, but is otherwise okay, it is usually an easy matter to remove the mids either at the source or in post-EQ. One thing you *cannot* do however is change a tone that inherently has a character which you dislike. Our tools are not fine enough for those types of adjustments... believe me, lots of first-hand experience there.

Xes' reamp reminds me a lot of Colin Richardson style mixes for some reason. Just the way the guitars interact with the drums. Was pretty cool!

Lolzgreg, I've noticed that you tend to have a pretty high floor noise in most of your reamps. Is there something in your chain that's a little sub-optimal?

Thank you for the great words :)
I used
1: RedEye -> TS7 -> 6505+ (lot of presence and mids on this one)-> Custom 2x12 -> sm57
2: RedEye -> TS7 -> 6505+ (scooped mids and less presence)-> Custom 2x12 -> sm57

Unfortunatelly I had only my 2x12 so it can affect in a negative way my sound. I'll upload a new one with different settings today

alright, will take a listen to these soon!

as for not having a bass track in there, i can upload the DIs for the bass too, but then again that's just a raw DI'ed sound with some eq and compression on there, nothing i'd consider to be a real bass tone - i plan on reamping the bass through the sansamp psa, but there's little sense in doing so without having the guitars done first.
i'll still go and upload a rough bass track.

Lolzgreg, I've noticed that you tend to have a pretty high floor noise in most of your reamps. Is there something in your chain that's a little sub-optimal?

I missed this. No my chain is pretty much clean as can be:

RME Fireface 800->Mogami TRS to John Cuniberti Reamp v2-> Ebtech Hum Eliminator->Maxon OD-820 Pro->5150 II (modded)->Mesa 4x12 Rectifier->Audix i5->RME Fireface Pres.