Reamping guys: I need your help!

I agree, but the problem is that the end product doesn't really sound good. I thought the tone I cut using the 6505 would cut it but it fell apart in the mix. I can't EQ impulse tones to have any balls, depth or dimensionality in a mix unless im quad tracking and blending multiple impulses to compensate for their inadequacies. Real cabs make the job a lot easier. You spend less time trying to EQ life IN and more time trying to EQ mud and fizz out. I tend to prefer the latter because it's actually remotely possible!

whats the cheapest reamp solution for real amps? but still give good enough quality. And thats possible to get in europe? I want to try and reamp my brunetti xl revo2 for this

Still going, wow. Thanks guys. I've barely been home these last 2 days so I haven't had a chance to keep up.

Deaf Ear: If you only have the cab for that amount of time, don't worry about it man. Your reamps are great but I can't guarantee that the band will roll with them. If you are bored though, I already have the DIs to the other tracks up along with the old REALLY rough guide tracks here: http://files.getdropbox.com/u/285689/Reamping/Untruth Reamp.rar . Thanks again for your time and work.

Nah man, it's my cab, I was just saying the project I'm currently working on will be finished in a couple days. No need to pull the cab down though I suppose. I'll just go ahead and run these tomorrow morning while having my cigs on the front porch routine, haha. That way I've got em if you want them.

@Mikko: I respect that you have a vested interest in this topic, but to be honest I don't have the energy or willpower at the moment to go through why impulse-based tones don't work for me. This thread was mainly an avenue through which to hook myself up with good, real amp reamps and the reamper with some cash (or e-funds as it may be). If impulses worked fine for this project, this thread wouldn't exist and I wouldn't be offering money to get proper reamps done.

No problem, the other thread by Marcus has kept me busy and going, lol. I just wanna make sure that if he ever forgets his recto setup he can call me reamping that with a custom impulse. :headbang: It's all ok, I still haven't downloaded most files in this thread but waiting to hear what you end up with.

Ermz

I'm possible going to arrange some time today to do some reamps.

I think that with so many people participating in this it would be wise to establish some rules for your own interest.

One of the rules IMO was to not compress or EQ the mix, if somebody wants to compress the guitar, just do it but not the mix. That could make the guitar seem louder/better but it would loose dynamics, so it's an option.

I have heard some samples here that are more compressed/limited than a master should be. What's the point of it?
Just to sound better because it's louder? That defeats the whole purpose of this thread.

So IMO all mixed tracks should be normalized to -0.1DB and not compressed, or you will end with apples and oranges to compare.