reamping guys - anyone up for a full album? will pay

Fragle

Jul 27, 2005
Germany
hey guys,

let me start by explaining the situation i'm in right now.

we're just finishing up all the instrumental tracking for my bands upcoming full length album - everything just DI'd as of right now.
now, i'm sort of struggling with reamping the rhythm guitars....the thing is, i have a decent sounding room in my home studio, but unfortunately it's not isolated very well....basically, i can get away with reamping one song once in a while, but i feel that 10 songs is just too much volume wise.
i tried doing all the reamps in our rehearsal space, but that didn't turn out the way i wanted due to two reasons: me only listening on my cans, and the room being....well, guess what.
right now there's yet another solution i'm working on (different room), but in case that it also won't work out too well i decided on calling you guys :)

so, would anyone be up for reamping 4 tracks of rhythm guitars (and possibly lead guitars later on) for 10 songs = about 45min album length? i'll pay and credit you obviously, but as far as payment is concerned i'll have to state that this is a debut album done *without* label support, financed only by us 5 members, so let's just say the budget is pretty tight. i'm not typing this because i'm a cheap bastard (i'm not), but more because i frankly don't quite know what the going rates for a reamping project like this are like, and i like to make things clear early on :)

to sum it all up, in case the other room doesn't work for me either (which i'll know by friday, sept 18th), would anyone be willing to reamp 10 songs for me? just shoot me a PM if interested!
i'll upload DI's as well as guide drums / bass (if necessary) on friday.
also, if anyone's interested i'll also upload the DIs just for you guys to practice?

thanks in advance!

alright, keep em coming guys! thanks a bunch!

anyways, i'll upload DIs and backing track for one song tonight when i get home!
stay tuned...

Sounds like fun, don't disappoint us! Everyone always says they want stuff reamped, and the we never hear from them again...

alright, files are uploading right now! 4 rhythm tracks + 2 very short and basic melody tracks, which are more like additional rhythm overdubs really, hence i'm posting them too, plus rather rough mixed guide drums.
the file is rar'ed due to extremely large size (150mb packed, unpacked it would have been 600mb!). i have quite a slow internet connection, hence the upload will take quite a while! I'll update this post once the upload is finished, so stay tuned. should take around 2 hours i think :(

thanks a bunch so far, i will check out & comment all the files when i get back to the studio!

wolfeman, the no guitar parts will have clean guitars, opeth style basically ;)

Here's my quick shot at it.

Just HP/LP on the Guitar Tracks and G-Clip on MB to make it LOUD! I might have dialled in too much Bass to compensate for no Bass Guitar. :heh:

Let me know if you want the WAV's.

Cheers.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/437070/Fragle GuitarHack (HP-LP).mp3

Great playing and song by the way. Very Nevermore'ish in parts, particularly 3:37.

PS, Still uploading, try again later if you get a download error.

alright, finally listened to all your entries in my studio!

well, i really liked the versions of wolfeman, guitarhack, and lolzgreg! all of them had a really nice topend and were really balanced! out of those i prefered guitarhacks version, it had a really really cool grind and snarl. a little (just a cunthair really haha) less mids would have been cool though, but that's personal taste really. haven't had any feedback from my other guys yet, will post that once they've commented though!

the other entries still were really cool! ermz, your tone is a close second, but once again too midrangey for my taste, or well rather for that style i guess. i liked the definition though!

crazykarl, yours were somewhat on the dark side. i'm still greatly appreciating your effort obviously! they're all cool tones, but i feel it's not quite what the material is calling for. xes, yours seemed to be a bit *too* scooped, but then again, my other guitarist loved your tone, so that seems to be subjective haha

ermz, guitarhack, xes, and lolzgreg, may i ask what amps/cab/mic you were using?

anyways, please keep em coming guys!
i'll keep this open until sunday, then i'll pick the winner together with the other guys in the band!

in all honesty, as of right now guitarhacks entry is closest to what i'm envisioning the album to sound like. that's in no way dissing the other entries obviously, as i said all of them are great tones! once again shows the insane amount of talent that's around here on this forum! great community :headbang: