BREAKING NEWS: Rob Caggiano quits Anthrax

FFS! What's wrong with having a stable line up for more than 5 minutes!

I like Dan Spitz, but as already stated, is he really going to join permanently (ahem) or just for a tour? Nah, get some fresh blood who is going to be fully comitted, and who wants to contribute in the future, and who isn't entangled in this revolving door mess of former members doing bits here and there!!!

FFS! What's wrong with having a stable line up for more than 5 minutes!

I like Dan Spitz, but as already stated, is he really going to join permanently (ahem) or just for a tour? Nah, get some fresh blood who is going to be fully comitted, and who wants to contribute in the future, and who isn't entangled in this revolving door mess of former members doing bits here and there!!!

They should have a unnamed ghoul like Ghost. Then anyone can be in the family! If Spitz returns I demand to see and hear him perform a 2 minute ceremony where he speaks in tounges before they play Born Again Idiot. I'd buy that for a dollar.

They should have a unnamed ghoul like Ghost. Then anyone can be in the family! If Spitz returns I demand to see and hear him perform a 2 minute ceremony where he speaks in tounges before they play Born Again Idiot. I'd buy that for a dollar.

:lol:

Yeah, it's easy to change the ranks when all are unnamed ghouls :)

Although I do know a thing or two about who is in that band ;)

Not a surprise, if what I have heard and read is correct. Rob and Joey are employee's of Anthrax. Word is Rob's contract was up at the end on 2012. I would assume with a huge increase in business the last 2 years, he either wanted to be made a full member to get a deserved bigger piece of the pie or a pay increase of some kind. No way would the 3 <whatever> go for that.(Long Grove,IL is not a cheap place to live) On the flip side the success of WM might of made him more in demand for the production side of things. Why put up with the bs of the bosses when you can stay home and still make a living off of music.

And in regards to Paul Crook, I love Anthrax, but that would be a step down for him considering his current gig (on top of session work). I read an article once with the drummer of Meatloaf's band, and he said he gets paid a nice yearly retainer by the beefy one, so when it's time to hit the road they know they have a band ready and waiting to go. I bet the catering, travel accommodations, and lodging is 5 or 6 steps up too.

Finally, it would be cool to get Dan back, especially considering they are doing ATL again <yawn...I'd kill to see them do POT instead just once) but I think the dude is at peace with himself and life. Some people like to rag on that has being a goof or whatever, which is a fucking joke. It's sad that people rag on others cause they have beliefs that differ.

My shitty opinion on this matter is that I will not miss Rob. I did not like his stage presence, his leads, his tone, his stupid purple guitar, and his album mixes. I secretly hoped he would leave and so this is kinda nice. Having said that Dan is kind of insane and I don't know if he has heavy metal in him anymore. I would say no really. His jesus bullshit and autism (he wrote a fucking shitty song about it in redlamb) is fucking stupid and not metal at all. Fuck him.

I did see Paul Crook live back in the day for Volume 8 and he fucking ripped it up and had GOOD stage presence. So basically I liked his work.

Out of all I do miss Dans leads. He had this particular way of playing that just spoke to me on a lot of the older Thrax albums. So there fuck me and fuck you.:tickled:

Not a surprise, if what I have heard and read is correct. Rob and Joey are employee's of Anthrax. Word is Rob's contract was up at the end on 2012. I would assume with a huge increase in business the last 2 years, he either wanted to be made a full member to get a deserved bigger piece of the pie or a pay increase of some kind. No way would the 3 go for that.(Long Grove,IL is not a cheap place to live) On the flip side the success of WM might of made him more in demand for the production side of things. Why put up with the bs of the bosses when you can stay home and still make a living off of music.

Im calling bullshit on this "contract" business. The only place I've ever read anything about Rob & Joey being contracted employees is on this forum.

Not saying it's impossible, but there's more to it than that. According to people in this forum Joey should have been out of the band in June 2012 according to his contract.

Im calling bullshit on this "contract" business. The only place I've ever read anything about Rob & Joey being contracted employees is on this forum.

Not saying it's impossible, but there's more to it than that. According to people in this forum Joey should have been out of the band in June 2012 according to his contract.

Joey has never said anything that makes him seem like anything but a full member of the band. Of course it's not something I'd ever ask him, but there's no reason to think he's just an employee. And knowing him, I seriously doubt he'd be part of Anthrax if he was only an employee.

Just my 2 cents.

If Scott and Charlie had treated Paul properly back in the day - Stomp 442 and Volume 8 - they could have had a great guitarist as part of their band rather than just a hired gun.

Contracts can be resigned. I would think thrax woulda had to do something to get Joey to come again, but with Rob I believe it. How else could thrax of gotten Rob and John to step aside quietly (for the most part) during the reunion years only to come back once again. Happens in a lot of bands at different levels.

Joey has never said anything that makes him seem like anything but a full member of the band. Of course it's not something I'd ever ask him, but there's no reason to think he's just an employee. And knowing him, I seriously doubt he'd be part of Anthrax if he was only an employee.

Just my 2 cents.

it would be interesting to know for sure. Its common knowledge that Rob and Joey aren't always kept in the loop on everything.

The bussiness side of things in the music are fucked up for sure. I have a friend in the Chicago scene that started a band with 2 others. They later brought in 2 other guys, but the original 3 called the shots, never got that cause they never got past the demo/regional shows level. Too much drama for me.

My opinion is : they want to play the entirety ATL songs at the upcoming metal Alliance tour with the entirety of the ATL line-up!

I'm looking for the statement : "Creation and Destruction are fondamentals blocks of life bla bla blah"......thanx guys:Shedevil:

Wow. Did not see this one coming. I'll tell you what. It's time like these when I really wish I was more of an accomplished guitarist. I know a shit ton of Anthrax. Can even rip a lot of solos almost note for note. Alas my chops still lack. Especially for a two hour brutal metal set. God damn what a dream come true to even play in Anthrax temporarily.

A bit off topic here, but I think it's amazing how old posters come out of the wood-work only when something like this goes down.:lol:

Wow. Did not see this one coming. I'll tell you what. It's time like these when I really wish I was more of an accomplished guitarist. I know a shit ton of Anthrax. Can even rip a lot of solos almost note for note. Alas my chops still lack. Especially for a two hour brutal metal set. God damn what a dream come true to even play in Anthrax temporarily.

Ha I feel the same way. I'm good on guitar, but probably not good enough for a band like this. But I wish I had put more into it, because who knows, I could have played in one of these bands. Part of it is, I just didn't anticipate metal being around this long, with metal guys still going into their 50's and 60's like Priest, Sabbath, Maiden, etc.