Brent's official yearly petition/b*tchfest for Annihilator to play Progpower :)

Follower of these thrashers since 1989....Jeff sent me a message on Facebook when I asked him about touring the USA...No US label wants to sign them so Glenn is our only chance of gettin' them here!!But I'm not too crazy about the new cd tho...A bit too much barking than actual singing..Prefer my thrash with melodic vox most of the time...YMMV...
Krustola:err:

He's gonna punch you for that Bob, rofl. I have only been bugging him about it for years! I tried to get him to get them to headline MN Metal Fest last year, but I don't know what happened with that. I mean, they have enough of a fanbase here in the states (not huge, but loyal) that if they were to play a show here with enough notice, plenty of fans would travel for it. I have been involved in no less than 3 attempts to get them to the states in the past 3 years. They have all fallen apart in various stages.

damn, I agree. I think they would draw a certain amount of people since they havent played in almost 2 decades here.

Follower of these thrashers since 1989....Jeff sent me a message on Facebook when I asked him about touring the USA...No US label wants to sign them so Glenn is our only chance of gettin' them here!!But I'm not too crazy about the new cd tho...A bit too much barking than actual singing..Prefer my thrash with melodic vox most of the time...YMMV...
Krustola:err:

This is what makes no sense to me. My first Annihilator cd was Carnival Diablo, of which I bought at a Best Buy in Athens, GA. So, obviously they were popular enough in the US to be able to find the goddamn cd at a Best Buy. I don't understand why they can't get signed in the States. It's next to impossible to deal with Earache Europe on a consumer level, where as I had to import the new boxed set, which was worth it, but goddamn. Don't even get me started on the new vinyl reissues that they released to ONLY Europeans, so I can't get them. I sent Benjamin at Earache an email and I never got a response, which is sad, I would have undoubtedly bought all 6 of them.

I'll have to put in a sponsorship bid for these guys next year. If at the very least to watch Brent just go ape shit if Glenn indeed added them to the roster would practically be worth the money right there! :devil: Bear in mind that just putting in a sponsorship bid DOES NOT guarantee that particular band will actually make it to the roster. At least with a trip to Europe, you are more likely to be sure to see them. Still, if Paradox could be added to the roster (damn shame they broke up right before the festival - would've been nice if they stuck around long enough to at least play that one show - I was actually really enjoying their last two albums), there is no reason why a band like Annihilator could be playing at PP as well. Holy shit, we are getting Arcturus for crying out loud next year! There is a band I thought would NEVER see the PP stage!

I've heard of Annihilator in the past, but just never really got into them at the time. Checking them out again on eMusic, and I'll have to admit, they do kick some damn serious ass. I am actually liking their older material compared to the newer stuff. And yes, even their latest album is on eMusic. I have to agree with the one post in that I like the older, more melodic stuff better myself.

I'll have to put in a sponsorship bid for these guys next year. If at the very least to watch Brent just go ape shit if Glenn indeed added them to the roster would practically be worth the money right there! :devil: Bear in mind that just putting in a sponsorship bid DOES NOT guarantee that particular band will actually make it to the roster. At least with a trip to Europe, you are more likely to be sure to see them. Still, if Paradox could be added to the roster (damn shame they broke up right before the festival - would've been nice if they stuck around long enough to at least play that one show - I was actually really enjoying their last two albums), there is no reason why a band like Annihilator could be playing at PP as well. Holy shit, we are getting Arcturus for crying out loud next year! There is a band I thought would NEVER see the PP stage!

I've heard of Annihilator in the past, but just never really got into them at the time. Checking them out again on eMusic, and I'll have to admit, they do kick some damn serious ass. I am actually liking their older material compared to the newer stuff. And yes, even their latest album is on eMusic. I have to agree with the one post in that I like the older, more melodic stuff better myself.

Dude, if you sponsored them and they actually got put on the roster, my entire budget for next year's PP would be spent on your beer.

Alice in Hell is the only album I know (I played the crap out of that record back in 1989). And some of Set the World on Fire.

I would love to see them once. If they make the ProgPower roster, that would probably lock me for a third PP (I base my decision on lineup each year).

Seeing Brent literally urinate all over himself in glee would be rad!

Alice in Hell is the only album I know (I played the crap out of that record back in 1989). And some of Set the World on Fire.

I would love to see them once. If they make the ProgPower roster, that would probably lock me for a third PP (I base my decision on lineup each year).

Seeing Brent literally urinate all over himself in glee would be rad!

It's NOT urination, it's marking my territory!

Dude, if you sponsored them and they actually got put on the roster, my entire budget for next year's PP would be spent on your beer.

Obviously, I cannot promise anything, but I'll give it a try (and if my co-sponsor is willing to go with it) when Glenn put out the call for sponsors for PP XIII. PP XIII - if THERE is a ProgPower for Annihilator! :devil:

I saw Annihilator on their first tour with Wrathchild America and Testament (headliner) in Charlotte, NC on November 21, 1989. (I still have the ticket stub.)
I stood up front against the rail right in front of Jeff Waters. I didn't know much about them at the time other than the song Allison Hell.
It is the one and only time I have ever seen Annihilator. I would welcome a chance to see them again anywhere!

I saw them as well on the same tour when they came through Michigan, I believe I saw them at the Royal Oak Theater....alas, I do not have the ticket stub.....or do I? I will have to check :p

"Crystal Ann" Thats a fine piece of music, for as short as it is.....and "Alison Hell" nuff said. I still remember seeing that video for the first time when it hit Headbangers Ball.

Jeff Waters is Awesome!

Alice in Hell was so refreshing, so out of nowhere to Thrash scene when it came out. Great classic. I wonder if they are still playing any songs from that album at their shows!

It would be awesome indeed to have them @PP

You know... my fav instrumental song by a metal band is their "Liquid Oval" track off of Carnival Diablos... it's the most awesome/beautiful instrumental I've yet to hear.