Brett Garsed is amazing

These guys aren't just another talented blip on the radar, they've been around a fair while, and are obviously brilliant technicians of the guitar, but I think in that context they write some fantastic songs! But sorry, I forgot good songs couldn't include amazing guitar solos, but had to be a maximum of 4 chords, change the order for the chorus, repeat, rinse, and lather, maybe change keys after the bridge, but God forbid that there's actually a high level of musicianship required... :p

a guitarist who often gets placed in the top 10 of "best jazz guitarists of all time" (Holdsworth) is TOTALLY just another "blip on the radar" :rolleyes:

Holdsworth is legendary. He's in the same league as Django, Hendrix, and Van Halen. Maybe you're just not a jazz guy, Ken, but its downright ignorant to dismiss Allan's impact on electric guitar playing.

^+1

The Hendrix comparison is a slight stretch as far as scope goes, but only due to the massive oversaturation that we've all been subjected to since well before you or I were born.

Yeah, definitely the opposite. Nobody could, with any validty, try to downplay his impact. I do, however, feel that the oversaturation from guitar magazines, posthumous endorsements, $12 dollar t-shirts available at your local Target, etc. all have contributed just as much to the scope of his impact as his music did when he was alive. Take all that away though, and you're still left with an incredibly influential guitarist and musician

a guitarist who often gets placed in the top 10 of "best jazz guitarists of all time" (Holdsworth) is TOTALLY just another "blip on the radar" :rolleyes:

Holdsworth is legendary. He's in the same league as Django, Hendrix, and Van Halen. Maybe you're just not a jazz guy, Ken, but its downright ignorant to dismiss Allan's impact on electric guitar playing.

I think I'd name other guys for Jazz, but I won't deny his impact. Yeah, I was referring to Garsed and Guthrie, not Allan with my last post.

I'll be honest, I don't really understand how someone could say 'Wonderful Slippery Thing' isn't a good song.

[ame]http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=6871640[/ame]

I'll try and call off the hit...may be too late though.

:lol:

I'll be honest, I don't really understand how someone could say 'Wonderful Slippery Thing' isn't a good song.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=6871640

Love that video, and love Guthrie's tone also...

I could say the same about every song on Erotic Cakes. There'll always be haters, unfortunately.

Same, I love em all, its a diverse album that's for sure, but there's no track I'll skip over... My favourite track atm is probably actually Slidey Boy, it just grooves, it always fixes a stupid grin on my face whenever I hear it... :D

:lol:

Love that video, and love Guthrie's tone also...

Same, I love em all, its a diverse album that's for sure, but there's no track I'll skip over... My favourite track atm is probably actually Slidey Boy, it just grooves, it always fixes a stupid grin on my face whenever I hear it... :D

I think Uncle Skunk is my favorite.