Brocas Helm are here to kick your collective asses!

Doomcifer said:
I had a girlfriend once who took my Slayer - Reign in Blood out of the tape deck and chucked it out the window.
Cunt.
Doomcifer said:
Needless to say, she got out of the car and picked it back up but it was fucked up.
That totally rocks, and I'd make sure the same thing happened. "NO. GET YOUR FAT ASS OUT OF MY FUCKING CAR AND PICK THAT TAPE UP. NOW."

You know, I haven't dated a royal bitch for many years, I sorta want to find one just for a month or two for kicks. :tickled:

Ya, thats exactly what I did. lol She was fucking PSYCHO in every sense of the word man. When I broke up with her she attacked me then a couple days later ran into a telephone pole going 50mph and was in the hospital for a few days. :lol:

I'm thankful that I have found a keeper after a whole lot of trial and error.

I had a girlfriend once who took my Slayer - Reign in Blood out of the tape deck and chucked it out the window. It took everything I had not to straight-arm her face right through the fucking passenger-side window.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: × 329488932412807231+

I had a girlfriend once who took my Slayer - Reign in Blood out of the tape deck and chucked it out the window.
she would have been in the obituary section of the NY Times if that was my car :tickled:

Demilich said:
My girlfriend laughed at me 'cause of the nerdy lyrics :p Doesn't make it any less awesome. If anything, makes it more awesome :)
Yes, that is a KEY difference between Slough Feg and regular old derivative power metal bands. Other than the fact that they sound different (NWOBHM worship vs. Helloween 'by the book' clones), they're called "The Lord Weird Slough Feg". I mean, what kinda name is that???

Secondly, it *supposed* to be nerdy / tongue-in-cheek. They are beer drinking, metal listening nerds and they flaunt it for all its worth. That's what makes it all so genuine, especially since they've been in the underground for years with about 50 fans total. Same with HoM -- people listen to "The Bastard" and they're like....'but this is about a dragon and an axe'....dumbass mofos, they just don't get it. It is utter brilliance, you can't bottle this stuff if you tried.

Explaining Slough Feg to the masses is like trying to explain "Monty Python" to someone who thinks funny = "Friends".

JayKeeley said:
Yes, that is a KEY difference between Slough Feg and regular old derivative power metal bands. Other than the fact that they sound different (NWOBHM worship vs. Helloween 'by the book' clones), they're called "The Lord Weird Slough Feg". I mean, what kinda name is that???

Secondly, it *supposed* to be nerdy / tongue-in-cheek. They are beer drinking, metal listening nerds and they flaunt it for all its worth. That's what makes it all so genuine, especially since they've been in the underground for years with about 50 fans total. Same with HoM -- people listen to "The Bastard" and they're like....'but this is about a dragon and an axe'....dumbass mofos, they just don't get it. It is utter brilliance, you can't bottle this stuff if you tried.

Explaining Slough Feg to the masses is like trying to explain "Monty Python" to someone who thinks funny = "Friends".

You coulda just said "Slough Feg and HoM are fucking awesome!" and saved yourself a lot of time. But yea, everything you say is true. And FUCK, I can't get Traveller out of my head.

"High passage, low passage, either way i'm outta here!"

Demilich said:
You coulda just said "Slough Feg and HoM are fucking awesome!" and saved yourself a lot of time. But yea, everything you say is true.
Believe me, I've got the time. :tickled: And besides, what a forum this would become if we all became monosyllabic.... :loco:

Hey Erik - you listened to this sample yet matey?

Demilich said:
Slough Feg still >>>>>> Brocas Helm!
I would agree! Still, the more the merrier I say, heh. You should really give The August Engine another chance then - Scalzi singing, same two guitarists, it's just like a more refined version I suppose.

JayKeeley said:
I would agree! Still, the more the merrier I say, heh. You should really give The August Engine another chance then - Scalzi singing, same two guitarists, it's just like a more refined version I suppose.

If I could find my damn CDR, I surely would. Maybe I'll burn The Bastard now before I go study for this bitch of a history exam I have tomorrow.

Yeah, well you might want to start with The August Engine since it's a bit more accessible in a Slough Feg kinda way. You know, The Bastard is filled with occasional blast beats and screams inbetween all this medieval folk....both are BUY OR DIE so it doesn't really matter.

The August Engine > The Bastard + The Lord Weird Slough Feg + Brocas Helm + some candy

JayKeeley said:
When the hell is that "The Bastard" 2LP vinyl coming out? Weren't Ancient Winds supposed to be selling that?

yeah, but PL kinda shadily bumped their prices in mid-deal last time I ordered from them, so I don't feel an inclination to buy from them again. The End will probably get some "The Bastard" DLPs in when they come out seeing that TER is an offical distributor for PL in the USA.